Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here go to a good TKD school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody here go to a good TKD school?

I kind of would like to take good TKD a few years from now. I did have some experience with a good school (i did lots of full contact sparring but that place closed down)

I kind of want a very sport oriented atmosphere. I want lots of full contact sparring and maybe a little little point sparring won't hurt.

plus i was really flexible doing TKD I would like that back lol

Worry about what you are training now, not what you are going to do in a "few years" and stop making these ridiculous threads.

You are now the new MMAKid.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
      You are now the new MMAKid.
      Yes

"Emevas,
      You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

A little point sparring could hurt a lot. Why pick TKD for its hard contact when so many other things also spar hard? You could play San Shou or Muay Thai or Kyokushin with as many high kicks as you want if that's how you want to do it.
        It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
        -AkidoMom

Comment

Damn near everyone, from myself to Omega plus anyone in-between, has helped this poster. We are not trolling the guy he has had tons of advice. TONS.

Comment

Originally posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
            I kind of would like to take good TKD a few years from now. I did have some experience with a good school (i did lots of full contact sparring but that place closed down)

I kind of want a very sport oriented atmosphere. I want lots of full contact sparring and maybe a little little point sparring won't hurt.

plus i was really flexible doing TKD I would like that back lol
            Don't listen to these guys. They're part of the mob mentality and why your post is here.

Yellow Bamboo is the place you want to be.
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
              Don't listen to these guys. They're part of the mob mentality and why your post is here.

Yellow Bamboo is the place you want to be.
              He needs to take up Kenpo Karate so I can hate him more effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post
                He needs to take up Kenpo Karate so I can hate him more effectively.
                mobster
                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Point sparring was a waste of time. I don't see why you want to practice a game of tag.
                  It's supposedly good for developing reflexes, but nothing boxing drills can't help.
                  Even delusioned in Isshinryu I knew it wasn't for me.

Comment

If you take Tae Kwon Do, make sure you join an ATA affiliated school.

They have this Tiny Tigers program that gives you patches with animals on belts instead of black stripes to denote the half step graduations: Tiger for orange belt; Cheetah for yellow; Lion for camo; Eagle for green; Phoenix for purple; Dragon for blue; Cobra for brown; and Panther for red.

Comment

What you really want is Krav :dead:

Comment

Fuck you NoGroin.

Seriously. Fuck you. You are beyond help.

Change name to NoBrain/Balls/pen0r plz kthnx
                        "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                        Spoiler:

Comment

If you take Tae Kwon Do, make sure you join an ATA affiliated school.

They have this Tiny Tigers program that gives you patches with animals on belts instead of black stripes to denote the half step graduations: Tiger for orange belt; Cheetah for yellow; Lion for camo; Eagle for green; Phoenix for purple; Dragon for blue; Cobra for brown; and Panther for red.
                          This is some faggot shit. My school gives the Panther patch for the Camo belt, not the red belt. The Panther-Camo belt is so awesome I refused to pay for a test just so I could keep it.

To the OP:

YouTube - Horse Apples
                          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                            Worry about what you are training now, not what you are going to do in a "few years" and stop making these ridiculous threads.
                            seriously.

You list your style as "Judo Super N00b" and then worry about finding a good TKD years from now?
                            Fuck's sake, man. Get a handle on your own cock before you worry about stroking off the guy next to you.

Comment

On a slightly related note, Judo and Taekwondo were the primary styles which Joesondo was comprised of.
                              Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X