Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rant of the day

YouTube - Bas Rutten - The lighter side of martial art

I was watching the video above. Bas Rutten and some other guy is making a humor show about how crappy some martial art are. That's how I see it anyway. at 7.47 in this clip the commentator starts talking about that this demonstration shows that there are no good or bad martial arts.

Here we have two trolling gentlemen making an absolute mockery of certain martial arts and aspects of martial arts and this commentator says "as you can see from the martial art demonstration there is no good or bad martial art. It is up to you find the best martial art which suits you"

Pretty Please tell me my ears are malfunctioning! because this shit qualify for a 6 on Richter's scale of stupidity!

Maybe he was being

Ironic.

You know, like rain on your wedding day.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

or a fly in your chardonnay
      sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
      "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked Frost View Post
        Maybe he was being

Ironic.

You know, like rain on your wedding day.
        Originally posted by Morehei Christmas View Post
        or a fly in your chardonnay
        NO! These things are not ironic!

Also, uglubugly, it would seem from your rant that you aren't too familiar with Eurosport. It's a god-awful channel that only caries shit that Sky, Setanta and ESPN couldn't be bothered with.

It is where I first saw Muay Thai though, so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

That couldn't have been Bas Rutten there wasn't a single "dadonga" or anything.

I liked the inclusion of the harmonica theme from "Once Upon a Time in the West" though, awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
            NO! These things are not ironic!
            That's the joke dude.
            "Emevas,
            You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked Frost View Post
              That's the joke dude.
              So wait, you were being ironic when you said it?

Comment

So wait, you were being ironic when you said it?
                it's a free ride when you've already paid.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Nog View Post
                  it's a free ride when you've already paid.
                  It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

Comment

YouTube - AirplaneII: The Sequel - Buck Murdock

Comment

It is where I first saw Muay Thai though, so it will always have a special place in my heart.
                      Used to have decent coverage of international Judo as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post
                        Used to have decent coverage of international Judo as well.
                        I'm going to have to admit that I used to think Judo was really lame - just a bunch of guys in pyjamas shoving each other, and not even hitting each other.

Muay Thai on the other hand, oh boy. There was Sagat only he was real, and there was two of him, and the Stagats were absolutely kicking the shit out of each other. Like they'd start off with some fairly tame kicking and punching but then all of a sudden they'd be grabbing each other and throwing mad knees and elbows and shit and this one time I saw this guy get elbowed in the face and there was blood everywhere but he kept fucking going likenothinghappenedandelbowedtheotherguyrightbavka ndHOLYSHITITWASREAL!!111 NOT A VIDEOGAME NOT A MOVIE. FUCKING REAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
                          YouTube - Bas Rutten - The lighter side of martial art

I was watching the video above. Bas Rutten and some other guy is making a humor show about how crappy some martial art are. That's how I see it anyway. at 7.47 in this clip the commentator starts talking about that this demonstration shows that there are no good or bad martial arts.

Here we have two trolling gentlemen making an absolute mockery of certain martial arts and aspects of martial arts and this commentator says "as you can see from the martial art demonstration there is no good or bad martial art. It is up to you find the best martial art which suits you"

Pretty Please tell me my ears are malfunctioning! because this shit qualify for a 6 on Richter's scale of stupidity!
                          Your ears and brains are malfunctioning. From the clip you should have been able to tell that there were several MA demonstrations held that day and Bas Rutten's was the final one. In addition to that Bas Rutten did not really single out one martial art, he poked fun at a lot of martial arts.

Considering there were several demonstrations of a variety of martial arts, it would seem very appropriate that he would finish his commentary with that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by superninjagod View Post
                            Your ears and brains are malfunctioning. From the clip you should have been able to tell that there were several MA demonstrations held that day and Bas Rutten's was the final one. In addition to that Bas Rutten did not really single out one martial art, he poked fun at a lot of martial arts.

Considering there were several demonstrations of a variety of martial arts, it would seem very appropriate that he would finish his commentary with that statement.
                            Appropriate but very stupid considering that two trolling gentleman made a sucessful mockery of most of the martial arts represented there that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
                              Appropriate but very stupid considering that two trolling gentleman made a sucessful mockery of most of the martial arts represented there that day.
                              Of course it stupid. But he is in no position to make commentary on which martial arts style was superior and which ones sucked. Who even knows what the MA background of the sports caster was. Additionally I'm sure he would have been fired for making any "non stupid" comments

Also if Bas made fun of every MA that day, what else is the sports caster suppose to say. Its like that old joke, "You can't be a racist if you hate everyone equally"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X