• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackbelt Leaders Martial Arts Academy

Hmmm...

From their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....35367409822896

At first glance I was simply going to belittle you for your low content post... but then I watched the video... and for once, ROFLMAO is not an exageration.

Comment

The vid just screamed bullshido.. is that a black belt with a white stripe leading the conga??

Comment

Originally posted by NoTeefa View Post
        At first glance I was simply going to belittle you for your low content post...
        Nothing low content in that dojo; some of them probably need two belts!
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by MMAd MMAx View Post
          Instead of giving themselves a massive round of applause. They should have given themselves a massive slap in the face

Comment

never knew you could get a black belt in dancing.

The rest of the videos is just about as bad btw.

Comment

That had to be the best workout they've ever got in that place. Fucking hell just look at the flab O_o

Comment

"Blackbelt Leaders can help you get into the Best Shape of your Life"

Round is seriously the best shape these people can hope for?

Comment

Clearly I am wasting my time doing BJJ when I could be doing this just look at how hard they're going here

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....06518966041074

It also sounds like they're shouting "shit" at times.

Comment

Okay, this actually makes me angry. Almost everyone in the first video has a black belt. And in the second video, the little girl who can't even do the kata has a black belt!

What's the point in having a black belt when you give everyone one?

Comment

That Black Belt testing video made me want to go over there and fucking kill all of them....
                      No one is losing any weight there

Comment

This is why I hate telling non martial artists I do a TMA. I get lumped in with these clowns.

Comment

Unreal...I mean, good lord. I don't even see a sweat on ANYONE.

EDIT: I just watched the testing videos... I don't know why I'm wasting my time losing 30 pounds, getting bruised and sore on a weakly basis and learning how much I suck at sparring. I could walk in here and could just be handed one for dancing around smiling for a camera.
                          Last edited by Turrry; 12/19/2010 2:45pm, .

Comment

It's has the words Blackbelt and Academy in it, I expect its funded by the EFC or similar, looks like their brand. One of the main things that happens in those places is that the students are seen as clients/customers/contract holders, and part of the contract is that you will get them to a blackbelt. So you end up with a situation, where, eventually, everyone who signs up will, if they continue training, get a blackbelt.

The training is typically like that as well, martial aerobics more or less, a club I was at that went down that path, and was the reason for me leaving, I believe has now dropped all major throws from its jujutsu since there is too much risk of hurting someone.

Go figure.

Comment

YouTube - Irish Open 2009 Kickboxing at its Best

Hmm, their primary method of attack seems to be to lunge in wildly, off balance, with their eyes squeezed closed and their chin held aloft. A clever ruse perhaps, to lull their opponent into thinking they're complete fucking idiots? Sneaky bastards...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X