Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm qutting Krav Maga and looking for a new place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm qutting Krav Maga and looking for a new place.

I have been searching around for awhile. (there was a really nice MMA gym I went to today but its a little costly)

This thursday I have a free class at Liberty Bell Judo and Sambo academy. Here is the website http://www.libertybelljudo.com/

It's 125 a month for 3 classes a week. Which is a little more then Krav but lets face it my Krav training sucked. there is a promotion fee but I talked to the guy and he said it never changes.

Now here is another place I have been interested in
    http://www.glensideshotokankarate.com/

Yes my area is full of krotty places. I may take this later on down the line. Yes there are fees for grading and stuff but it makes sense since its a non profit school that pays to a higher organization.

Though the whole sparring thing sounds sketchy. but I guess if the advanced people are any good that should be no problem.

I'm asking advice. Any red flags to look for? comments? Bashing me cause I just realized that my old school sucked?

Finding a good karate gym is very hard and even if you find one, i still suggest you to take judo.

Comment

I've trained at a shotokan place that requires free sparring, starting at white belt. Any place, regardless of style, that does not have free sparring soon after a student starts training there, is a place you should not train. Don't go there.

Just don't.

Comment

This thursday I have a free class at Liberty Bell Judo and Sambo academy. Here is the website http://www.libertybelljudo.com/

It's 125 a month for 3 classes a week. Which is a little more then Krav but lets face it my Krav training sucked. there is a promotion fee but I talked to the guy and he said it never changes.
        WTF are you braindead? JUDOJUDOJUDOJUDOJUDOJUDO

Comment

Based off the web site it looks like an awesome grappling school, please do tell us all about it when you go.

Comment

I am also a shotokan black belt, we used to spar a lot and we used to spar with contact (not because of the instructors, it was mostly us actually)

I am not saying it is totally shit or something. But still, If I had the chance to go back in time and start again one more time, i would choose judo or if i really want to do karate i would choose kyokushin.(there was no bjj at those time lol,i mean in my country)

Comment

Someone get this guy the MA flow chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
                I have been searching around for awhile. (there was a really nice MMA gym I went to today but its a little costly)

Now here is another place I have been interested in
                http://www.glensideshotokankarate.com/

Yes my area is full of krotty places. I may take this later on down the line. Yes there are fees for grading and stuff but it makes sense since its a non profit school that pays to a higher organization.

Though the whole sparring thing sounds sketchy. but I guess if the advanced people are any good that should be no problem.

I'm asking advice. Any red flags to look for? comments? Bashing me cause I just realized that my old school sucked?
                End of search. Go to Liberty Bell. No Bullshido there. It's a reputable judo club, plus sambo as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Ben
                Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

oh I was not saying one or the other. I am doing liberty bell judo. I was just looking for another striking art for the future. Also I am into Japanese culture a bit so I would like to find a good karate school.

But aliveness and usefulness is top priority. I'll post how my class goes thursday

Comment

Is there any boxing around you?
                    "Emevas,
                    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

that Judo school looks awesome. Fuck krotty.
                      "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
                      1) That it doesn't work
                      2) That it does work"
                      -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Originally posted by crappler View Post
                        that Judo school looks awesome. Fuck krotty.
                        I talked with the guy and he knew what he was talking about. pretty thick Russian accent though but I guess that might be a sign his sambo training is really legit lol.

It's only a few miles away and its an easy drive. Finally a non contract grappling school easy on my wallet. I'm already excited. Thanks for the good word guys.

Also about boxing sadly I live just far away enough from philly (freaking boxing city) that it would be quite a trip to get there. But i'll keep searching. Right now I only have the money for one art so i'll start with judo

Comment

if u dont do sambo you're gonna find some polonium in your tea comrade

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
                            if u dont do sambo you're gonna find some polonium in your tea comrade
                            He should ask them about systema.

Comment

What made you finally wake up and realize krav sucks? Just curious. After a recent visit to another ma site i read that krav manga (yes everyone there was repeatedly misspelling it) was the best self defense art.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X