• Show
Clear All

Don't watch if you can't stand awesome.

It's like, a whole new level of awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uyOG0x6fxU

This man did it first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRe87vRxafQ

Comment

It looks like an 'interpretation' of Irish dancing mixed with Tap and 70's Disco.... what's the point though?

Comment

This particular clip features some principles, which is found in several martial arts, especially Baji and Chen Taiji. While not really my speciality, I find this method has many merits, and is well worth a closer look for any serious student of MA. Do avoid stomping on concrete or the like though, as it will damage your legs, and possibly cause a headache. The main benefits are self defense related, as this principle allows for non-telegraphic explosive power, even for the beginner or moderately skilled practioneer.

Points to consider:

-Sudden preemptive attacks from a neutral stance, especially at close range in a narrow/crowded space.

-Surprise and shock effect.

-Sharp dropping of body weight.

-Half stepping.

-Replacing footwork.

-Rhythm and multiple continuous counterattacks.

-The "scissor" effect between supporting leg and kicking leg (or other body part). If you don't get this, try to jump up and do a spread eagle using just ONE leg. Still don't get it, try walking with one leg. Kinda awkward, right?

-Most body parts can be used for striking. I personally find the feet, knees, hands, arms and elbows useful.
        Video description.
        ..and people wonder why kung fu is laughed at.

Comment

So this is what Michael Flatley doing kata would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Vlad View Post
            It looks like an 'interpretation' of Irish dancing mixed with Tap and 70's Disco.... what's the point though?
            along with a couple hits of ecstasy and some neon lights he would fit right in with the little club kids

Comment

It's Zen meditation followed with a blend of Turrets Syndrome and a grand mal seizure. Where can I sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Vlad View Post

I'd say he got his inspiration from these ladies
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TPCkcQRniI

Comment

Originally posted by danniboi07 View Post
                  I'd say he got his inspiration from these ladies
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TPCkcQRniI

This video had more to do with Martial Arts than the first video by the OP....(shakes head)

Comment

Careful, he's an internal groundfighter:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJee_TWzWis

Comment

Anyone know where this guy lives?

@gregoryfromcali Thanx for pointing that out. Just to dismiss any confusion: this aint no technique workshop. Though related to self defense skills. In real life we'd never do "late retention", that's just a test, to put ourself in a worst case scenario. 6-7 yrs ago I would use just soft internal movement strategy, no real internal power, against BJJ ppl and Judo Blackbelts 2-3 times a week. Though half their size, and nothing like my current knowledge, I had a rep for being almost "unlockable".

piaten 2 months ago
                      Cripes, those so called armbar escapes are just like when DTT was demonstrating his so-called armbar escapes but then asked on the forum, "How do you prevent your opponent's arm from crushing your testicles when you do the armbar?"
                      Last edited by Psycho Dad; 11/20/2010 2:15pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by superninjagod View Post
                        This video had more to do with Martial Arts than the first video by the OP....(shakes head)
                        yall didn't know about the true Historically Black College Step MA? It is the only truly American Martial Art! Much like Jazz and Rythym and Blues founded Rock and Roll. HBC Step lead the pathway to American Martial Arts and lead the foundation for the modern MMA. Just one of the many legacies stolen and exploited from the black man. I'm calling Al Sharpton right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Dad View Post
                          Anyone know where this guy lives?
                          his profile claims "Norway"

Comment

Originally posted by kayman101 View Post
                            .... a blend of Turrets Syndrome
                            My Dad had that - terrible condition. On the upside, it led him to build this:

Comment

Why do all the internal douchebags never have videos showing them beating MMA, BJJ, Judo or any other grappling students?

Oh but they all have cameras to record some stupid "this ain't no technique workshop" bullshit.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X