Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gracie Combatives MABS Cull: Why is IiF laughing at my "Paper Tiger" comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoj
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It depends on the country/jurisdiction you are in.
    Er, no it doesn't.

Feel free to show me anything to prove it.

Or I'll allow showing a list of all the legal ways to assault someone in your country/jurisdiction.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
    You can get done for excessive force for punching people.

Also with you might get away easier with an eye-gouge as it's more of a fight-or-flight kind of response. It's also pretty unlikely that you'll do much damage with one gouge.

Now if you box the shit out of somebody, or hold them down and start gouging, yeah you're into GBH territory.
    You certainly make good points, for clarity when I think of eye gouging I am not thinking a little poke to the eye but truly digging ones fingers into it which normally comes with that whole holding someone down thing.
    All and all in my limited experience its a legal mess when ever any thing comes to fisticuffs the self defense thing just isn't the golden ticket most people want to make it out to be.

Leave a comment:

• CrackFox
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    Well they may be different degrees of assault. On the flip side if arguing self defense an eye gouge may be considered excessive force if the situation wasn't "life or death".
    I would imagine your likely to get a much stiffer sentence if you go around blinding people than if you go around punching people in the face.
    You can get done for excessive force for punching people.

Also with you might get away easier with an eye-gouge as it's more of a fight-or-flight kind of response. It's also pretty unlikely that you'll do much damage with one gouge.

Now if you box the shit out of somebody, or hold them down and start gouging, yeah you're into GBH territory.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
    Punching somebody in the face or choking them out are just as illegal as eye-gouges or finger breaks though. It's all assault.
    Well they may be different degrees of assault. On the flip side if arguing self defense an eye gouge may be considered excessive force if the situation wasn't "life or death".
    I would imagine your likely to get a much stiffer sentence if you go around blinding people than if you go around punching people in the face.

Leave a comment:

• CrackFox
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Punching somebody in the face or choking them out are just as illegal as eye-gouges or finger breaks though. It's all assault.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoj View Post
    Eye gouges are illegal outside?

WTF????

Is that your expert legal opinion again?

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Honestly what I took away from the bar fights video is that if you want to be a bar fighter Boxing + Judo for the win.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Fuck all your UFC/MMA/NHB shit here is the real streets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqXiULYmsuM
    that was a decent takedown at :33 and a decent choke at 1:33 and at 2:53 is why you don't wear the baggy clothes, kids.

Leave a comment:

• kayman101
    replied
    Fuck all your UFC/MMA/NHB shit here is the real streets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqXiULYmsuM

Thanks a lot, chief. Now I have a chubby and the old lady is not around to help me out.

Leave a comment:

• Yoj
    replied
    Eye gouges are illegal outside?

WTF????

Is that your expert legal opinion again?

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFunk View Post
    And just to put a finer point on it if you can't see the other guy's sarcasm. eye gouges, biting and the super nut grab of doom never actually work. .
    Well...eye gouges "work" as far as destroying eyes are concerned (Yuki Nakai can't see out of his gouged eye anymore, I'd say it "worked", even though he won the fight), they just aren't the showstopping techniques they are claimed to be.

They are however dastardly, cruel, vicious, unnecessary, and thankfully usually illegal for those reasons, either in the ring or outside.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    We have a purple belt that likes to try the tornado guard it often gets me in my nuts, I tend to say fuck that hurts and keep on rolling.

Leave a comment:

• CrackFox
    replied
    eye gouges, biting and the super nut grab of doom never actually work. Adrenaline is going and all of those guaranteed fight enders, don't end up ending fights.
    On Monday night, this noob eye-gouged me really hard in randori. It hurt like a bitch, gave me double vision, and I had to sit the rest of the round out.

The reason I had to sit the round out is because it was the second time in as many sessions the fucker's poked me in the eye. Physically I would have no problem going on, but I was ready to kill him, and needed to take a seat and calm the fuck down.

Originally posted by JudoA
    Don't forget dreaded finger breaking too
    Funnily enough, when we finished up for the night, I noticed my little finger had swollen up like a sausage, I couldn't move it, and there was a load of bruising in the joint. I don't even remember hurting it.

Leave a comment:

• JudoA
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Apple View Post

Most striking TMA's didn't even work standing up like they were supposed to. It may have started out as two dudes approaching each other in their most badassed "kung-fu" stance but as soon as they engaged each other all those stances, forms and katas were abandoned like a prom night dumpster baby and the two strikers end up clinching/dirty boxing and until their feet tangle and they fell over. MOST old timey UFC fights ended with both guys on the ground. Same went for Battlecade XF and the other early NHB venues.
    If I ever have to remember a quote from Bullshido it will be this one :toothy9:

And just to put a finer point on it if you can't see the other guy's sarcasm. eye gouges, biting and the super nut grab of doom never actually work. Adrenaline is going and all of those guaranteed fight enders, don't end up ending fights. You can probably bite some dudes nob and it will not stop him from swinging or fighting. Ok...that might...especially if he blows a load...but I'm just saying.
    Don't forget dreaded finger breaking too

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFunk
    replied
    And just to put a finer point on it if you can't see the other guy's sarcasm. eye gouges, biting and the super nut grab of doom never actually work. Adrenaline is going and all of those guaranteed fight enders, don't end up ending fights. You can probably bite some dudes nob and it will not stop him from swinging or fighting. Ok...that might...especially if he blows a load...but I'm just saying.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X