BJJ is too expensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ is too expensive!

LOL This is deeply and unfortunately true. Complete with Sheerdog reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLOncMKDYc

100/mo. would be a hella good deal. It's $135 in Raleigh + contracts!

Comment

Originally posted by maofas View Post
      100/mo. would be a hella good deal. It's $135 in Raleigh + contracts!
      I pay less then $100 a month :laughing5
      and if I wanted to I could go to the boxing and kick boxing classes as well

Comment

I really want to train BJJ bad. Like so bad.

Goddamn why doesn't embedding work here, but it does in Goodlun's post at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtu...ube&tubeid=503
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

lol...so true!!
          Last edited by RaiderFunk; 11/19/2010 2:09pm, .

Comment

Do judo.

Wait don't. We don't want that guy either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
              Do judo.

Wait don't. We don't want that guy either.
              Judo is not BJJ. I want to train BJJ bad. Like so bad.
              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

damnit i just watched this on youtube and was about to share it here. well played whiteshark... well played

Comment

BJJ seems to be universally over $100 per month with contracts in my area as well. I know BJJ is awesome and everything, but I don't have enough time for training in my schedule to justify that cost.

In contrast, I'm now doing Kyokushin for $40 per month...no contracts, no upfront fees. Nice!
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

lol.........wait, I think I am that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by RWaggs View Post
                      In contrast, I'm now doing Kyokushin for $40 per month...no contracts, no upfront fees. Nice!
                      I'm doing Muay Thai for 30 Euros per month (Theoretically, you can train 7 times a week). Wataaaa.

Actually, with the dollar/euro ratio... Fuck this economy
                      go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by RWaggs View Post

What I wouldn't give for a good Kyokushin place nearby. I supposedly live in an MMA mecca but all we have is BJJ and watered down MMA. No Boxing, no Muay Thai, no KK, and NO JUDO! Nothing is less than $120 here. Oh well. At least I'm not paying $225 a month for Krotty.

Comment

Originally posted by excludedmiddle View Post
                          What I wouldn't give for a good Kyokushin place nearby. I supposedly live in an MMA mecca but all we have is BJJ and watered down MMA. No Boxing, no Muay Thai, no KK, and NO JUDO! Nothing is less than $120 here. Oh well. At least I'm not paying $225 a month for Krotty.
                          That sucks! Not to rub it in, but Seattle also has Judo (the oldest dojo in the country) for $20 per month.
                          Originally posted by Devil
                          That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a motherfucker...

Comment

What part of SoCal are you in?

Comment

If I can find good FMA for cheap I'm sure you can find something. San Diego has MMA (real), boxing, muay thai, kyokushin and Olympic level judo. In fact Lyoto Machida was training for his fight at Noguera's on Miramar Road.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X