Hey there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there!

New guy here..for the third time. I'm a veteran lurker and I've forgotten my account(s) more than once.

Anyhoo, I'm a Swede, I dont practice any close-combat type of MA. I do practice the stick-art shinto muso ryu jodo and the regular "seitei" iaido as a compliment.
    I've always enjoyed bullshido and the antics of people who fit in the category of "Soke Fakeir McPhakerson."

Thank you for your attention

Hi you might want to get on to one of the moderaters quick and tell them your situation.
    Logging in with multiple usernames can get you a big botty smack.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
      Hi you might want to get on to one of the moderaters quick and tell them your situation.
      Roger that, thanks!

*edit*

I sent a PM to one of the newbie section moderators.
      Last edited by Dudemeister30; 11/16/2010 9:06am, .

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido. I'm also new here :)

By the way, you Swedes are gonna get smacked in the next hockey world championship by us Finns !

Comment

Originally posted by Kill A Bee View Post
          Welcome to Bullshido. I'm also new here :)

By the way, you Swedes are gonna get smacked in the next hockey world championship by us Finns !
          Pfftt! You wish! You Finns are just transplanted Swedes ;)

Comment

Hi.

I've never heard of SMR Jodo before, but I watched some online videos.

What's it like?

Comment

Originally posted by Dudemeister30 View Post
              Pfftt! You wish! You Finns are just transplanted Swedes ;)
              Hmm. This could very well be true. An updated, improved, stronger, faster and more agile version of the original.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                Hi.

I've never heard of SMR Jodo before, but I watched some online videos.

What's it like?
                In essence its a classic Japanese martial art, about 400 years old, that focuses on the use of a jo or staff/stick, about 128 cm in length, in order to defeat a swordsman wielding one or two swords. Its not a modern self-defense art adapted to these times since we normally dont have to face swordsman anymore...(luckily). The training is in kata-form, 60+ staff versus sword(s) kata and 12 swords versus sword(s) kata, and the basic 12 techniques (kihon).
                There is of course much more to the art and the auxiliary arts and if you feel like doing some of reading I'd recommend the wikipedia article on SMR jodo.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shint%C...C5%8D-ry%C5%AB
                At wikipedia you generally get what you pay for of course but this article holds decent enough information.
                Besides this I should mention there is no centralised leader, soke or shihan...anymore (havent actually been a single leader of a unified SMR jodo for 300 years) so there are several large independant groups out there.

There are plenty of videos out there featuring SMR jodo from various groups on youtube. I'm linking to a jodo performance featuring a member of the European Jodo Federation of which I am a member here in Sweden:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsChQuM8B9c

Comment

Originally posted by Kill A Bee View Post
                  Hmm. This could very well be true. An updated, improved, stronger, faster and more agile version of the original.
                  Well you do have sauna and koskenkorva! :toothy9:

Comment

Well you do have sauna and koskenkorva! :toothy9:
                    A bottle of kossu (koskenkorva) is the megafone of a Finnish man.

Comment

New guy here..for the third time. I'm a veteran lurker and I've forgotten my account(s) more than once.

Anyhoo, I'm a Swede, I dont practice any close-combat type of MA. I do practice the stick-art shinto muso ryu jodo and the regular "seitei" iaido as a compliment.
                      I've always enjoyed bullshido and the antics of people who fit in the category of "Soke Fakeir McPhakerson."

Thank you for your attention
                      Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                      I'll vouch for this - I was just about banned for life for not being smart and reading through the F.A.Q's before I started a new account. Fortunately the moderator that pulled me up on it was REALLY nice about it, after I explained my situation, and let me stay.

Hopefully the same goes for you! It's a great forum.

I used to be into more traditional martial art's as well - did a couple of years of SCA and medieval metal weapon reinactment.

What attracted you to shinto muso ryu jodo?

Oh, and welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Originally posted by greatheight View Post
                        Hopefully the same goes for you! It's a great forum.

I used to be into more traditional martial art's as well - did a couple of years of SCA and medieval metal weapon reinactment.

What attracted you to shinto muso ryu jodo?

Oh, and welcome to Bullshido.
                        Thanks for the tip!

I sort of stumbled upon SMR. At the time I had just started with aikido and I had no idea what SMR were eventhough it was in the same MA club along with jujutsu and kyokushin karate. At one point in my brief 5 month aikido career I hurt my upper back/lower neck by a failed frontal roll which made me sit on the sidelines. It wasnt anything serious but bad enough to force me off the mat for awhile. I figured I would check out SMR while I healed which at that time practiced literary in the next room. I started and got hooked! In the end I stopped training aikido too.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forums, that SMR stuff does look like a lot of fun. Not to mention if you happen to have your jo with you then you don't have to worry about Phil Elmore

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                            Hi and welcome to the forums, that SMR stuff does look like a lot of fun. Not to mention if you happen to have your jo with you then you don't have to worry about Phil Elmore
                            Thanks! :happy7:

Ah Phil Elmore! So many pages of enterteinment de la bullshido!
                            I should send a xmas-card.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X