Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krav Maga & Hisardut

Hi, guys.

I've been wondering about the differences between Krav Maga and Hisardut. Can anyone enlighten me?

And for that matter, is KM (in which I've trained for a brief spell; International Krav Maga Federation "style") really worth a damn in an altercation on the street? By that, I mean good enough to create a small window for escape by way of delivering a few well-placed blows.

I am not an expert on either style but from what I have gathered Krav Maga is something of a generic term used for a quick and basically simplified military H2H program. It is generally not held in very high regard around here. Hisardut I've heard better things about. It would appear to be more of a complete system going into greater depth. If I had to choose between them based on reputation I would go with Hisardut but hopefully other more knowledgable people will fill in more details.

Comment

Like every MA, it really depends on the coach and the dojo.
      If they train alive it's a good start, if they compete it's better.

There have been many threads regarding KM here, and I've personally written in many of them my opinion on KM (as the token Israeli on this website). You should use the search function to learn as much as you can and then ask the more specific questions.

I'll tell you this, Hisardut is a translation of "Survival" in Hebrew, it is another system of KM here in Israel, I know the people who train there train hard and alive, they don't compete in anything, and I've heard good things and bad things about them.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, guys. I appreciate it!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X