Yen Ching Tao Kenpo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lay off the glue mate.
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
      It's a statement of fact. Engage me in a knife fight and you'll be bleeding out from three different arteries before you even realize what happened.

If I want to take a shot at your brain stem you'll be effectively dead before you hit the ground.

This is a stupid conversation for you to initiate in the first place Mr. "never worked with live blades".
      That all sounds truly amazing, Mr Machete. Oh, wait, I mean Machette, like a female Mach, is it?

And how, pray tell, are you going to prove something like that? Lemme guess, You're going to go to the point where you mighta coulda woulda possibly killed me if you continued?

It's amazing, your skill.

Imagination is a real skill.

And an important one.

And don't let anyone tell you any differently.

But I am in fact keenly interested in your live knife fighting practice demonstrations.

Maybe a little Matchette? That smaller than a real match.

Honestly,when I practice disarming guns, they're always loaded with the safety off as well

that's just how guys like us roll

your name should be Machoette.

Just like macho, only smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenzen View Post
        Honestly,when I practice disarming guns, they're always loaded with the safety off as well
        No you don't.

You've never worked with a live blade thus you've likely never worked with a live gun.

My skills are not unique. Any motivated individual in fair health can do what I do with about a month​ of solid exercise and a Guro.

The fact that I am alive and intact is testament to the efficacy of my training.

Tenzen, what is your occupation?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
          Benny the Jet teaches Ukidokan Kickboxing (focuses on Kickboxing legal techniques) and Ukidokan Karate (which includes both kick boxing techniques and Judo techniques).

That said, Benny is credentialed to teach a dozen or more martial arts and combat hand to hand sports, if he wanted to.

And he can teach the stunt man business, and movie martial arts, too.

The guy has done it all, including early MMA before we were using MMA as a common term.
          Ah, so you know Benny's position on the value of ke?po particularly Okinawan. And his position on all the various disemminations of what the Cantonese call kuen faht.

That's why I'm always curious about your "LARP" claims, since many of these schools engaged in full contact fighting, including Benny's. He doesn't think it's LARPing, except when it's LARPIng.

Put another way, Bullshido 2005 called, it wants its BJJihad trolling back.

Comment

Ke?po, by and large, is not a military-style fighting art. So much so that its hard to mistake the two.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
              Ah, so you know Benny's position on the value of ke?po particularly Okinawan. And his position on all the various disemminations of what the Cantonese call kuen faht.

That's why I'm always curious about your "LARP" claims, since many of these schools engaged in full contact fighting, including Benny's. He doesn't think it's LARPing, except when it's LARPIng.

Put another way, Bullshido 2005 called, it wants its BJJihad trolling back.
              Benny and his family broke off and founded their own style focused on kick boxing techniques, and Judo techniques.

Why do you think they did that Rabbit...

Comment

Boxers and kickboxers don't actually try to punch each other in the skull like RBSD/kempo guys often claim. In fact, they try to punch each other in the face and jaw, both very effective targets for a punch. When the skull is punched, its because punches often miss the mark, another fact I fear is missed on martial artist who believe that attacking the eyes or throat with outstretched fingers isn't likely to end in your fingertips hitting hard bone instead. Its because they generally don't understand defensive head movement either, which is implied by their move-the-head-by-moving-the-feet method you see in kempo techniques, or the value of tucking the chin.

Comment

Oh, and I doubt the Mossad SOP calls for much karate murder. Why would they be unarmed? I'll bet they default to strangulation, a specialty of sport arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                    Boxers and kickboxers don't actually try to punch each other in the skull like RBSD/kempo guys often claim. In fact, they try to punch each other in the face and jaw, both very effective targets for a punch. When the skull is punched, its because punches often miss the mark, another fact I fear is missed on martial artist who believe that attacking the eyes or throat with outstretched fingers isn't likely to end in your fingertips hitting hard bone instead. Its because they generally don't understand defensive head movement either, which is implied by their move-the-head-by-moving-the-feet method you see in kempo techniques, or the value of tucking the chin.
                    I really thing you are trying to say Kenpo.

Face is part of the skull, as is the jaw. Either getting punched in the face or jaw is also the same things as saying getting punched in the skull.

In fact, punching in the head with a fist isn't even as damaging as hitting open palm. The target actually being the Meninges, the Dura Mater, the Arachnoid Mater more so, and especially the Pia Mater. The Goal of any head strike is to jar the brain loose from the surrounding Tissues and vessels as much as possible, thereby causing the most significant brain damage. An Open Palm allows for the highest degree of precision and focus of power to the internal parts of the head you are trying to jar loose as much as possible.

This is where things like traditional karate chops which break low bricks in the stack or even specific bricks (which everyone likes to make fun of) really shine, in causing the highest degree of lasting permanent brain damage, which is usually imperceptible immediately after a fight.

And to that end, We can go through any one of your 8 Cranial Bones or 14 Facial Bones.

We're not trying to punch someone in the face, lol, you're hilarious.

You aren't understanding the essence of the many, many types of Occular strikes, either, which simply speaks to your own ability.

Comment

Face is part of the skull, as is the jaw. Either getting punched in the face or jaw is also the same things as saying getting punched in the skull.

In fact, punching in the head with a fist isn't even as damaging as hitting open palm. The target actually being the Meninges, the Dura Mater, the Arachnoid Mater more so, and especially the Pia Mater. The Goal of any head strike is to jar the brain loose from the surrounding Tissues and vessels as much as possible, thereby causing the most significant brain damage. An Open Palm allows for the highest degree of precision and focus of power to the internal parts of the head you are trying to jar loose as much as possible.

This is where things like traditional karate chops which break low bricks in the stack or even specific bricks (which everyone likes to make fun of) really shine, in causing the highest degree of lasting permanent brain damage, which is usually imperceptible immediately after a fight.

And to that end, We can go through any one of your 8 Cranial Bones or 14 Facial Bones.

You aren't understanding the essence of the many, many types of Occular strikes, either, which simply speaks to your own ability.
                      Your misunderstanding of physics is overshadowed by your belief in magic.
                      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                        I think that is the most polite yet direct way to say it.

Comment

You are so sure of your strikes that you aim them at specific parts of the brain? Me too! I specialize in punches to the pineal gland to trigger near death psychedelia.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                            mm hmmm.

fascinating.

I don't know anything about Physics. I didn't study Quantum Physics in school, I didn't study Anatomy or every bone in the human skull in school, Oh wait, I did.

I'm not sure physics means what you think it means.

But, a from a scientific standpoint, jarring of the brain and separating it from the meninges, and separating those from the skull, are what cause the highest degree of Traumatic Brain Injury from blows to the head.

But that's just scientifically speaking, of course.

Out of curiosity, was your hayday of the internet from 2015-2017 when 4chan was bustling and before everyone got booted from their Hosting services and shut down?

asking for a black friend.

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                            I think that is the most polite yet direct way to say it.
                            Nothing?

I suppose.
                            Last edited by Tenzen; 10/07/2019 6:06pm, .

Comment

mm hmmm.

fascinating.

I don't know anything about Physics. I didn't study Quantum Physics in school, I didn't study Anatomy or every bone in the human skull in school, Oh wait, I did.

I'm not sure physics means what you think it means.

But, a from a scientific standpoint, jarring of the brain and separating it from the meninges, and separating those from the skull, are what cause the highest degree of Traumatic Brain Injury from blows to the head.

But that's just scientifically speaking, of course.

Out of curiosity, was you hayday of he internet from 2015-2017 when 4chan was bustling and before everyone got booted from their Hosting services and shut down?

asking for a black friend.

Nothing?

I suppose.
                              I'm an ex astronaut. You can trust me, because I said it on the internet. That you dont understand my RIP internet tells me that you are nowhere near as smart as you think you are.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

mm hmmm.

fascinating.
                                At least you are not a mod on this site, too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X