Yen Ching Tao Kenpo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Yes, the literal translation of the last word is "liquor" as you know.
    You're literally literally wrong.

藥 does not mean "liquor". It means medicine from a plant.

Sub's right, these jokes write themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
      So can drink?

Alas

Bottle says "For External Use Only".
      Correct, you will die if you drink many dit da jow. However jow itself simply means "medicinal herb", any plant you can make medicine from.

Dit da means falling and getting hit. So even aspirin is a form of dit da jow, synthetically made.

There are weeds growing on your street right now that you can crush up to relieve topical pain and sanitize wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
        You're literally literally wrong.

藥 does not mean "liquor". It means medicine from a plant.

Sub's right, these jokes write themselves.
        They sure do....

Originally posted by Mor Sao View Post
        Dit means Fall
        Da means Strike
        Jow is ethanol

Fall Strike Liquor>

It helps increase circulation, swelling and pain.

Comment

You're not very funny, so don't try starting now.

Like I said before, ethanol is the primary catalyst for this particular type of jow (the type you rub on bruises)

There are many other things added to most good dit da jow, including the things BKR mentioned. Would you like to know more?

Comment

Correct, you will die if you drink many dit da jow. However jow itself simply means "medicinal herb", any plant you can make medicine from.

Dit da means falling and getting hit. So even aspirin is a form of dit da jow, synthetically made.

There are weeds growing on your street right now that you can crush up to relieve topical pain and sanitize wounds.
            I ate my neighbor's willow tree bark. I think he believes there's a beaver on the loose. Kratom was better in smaller dosage.

Did not drive.

We cool?

Comment

Like I said before, ethanol is the primary catalyst for this particular type of jow (the type you rub on bruises)

There are many other things added to most good dit da jow, including the things BKR mentioned. Would you like to know more?
              Are you kidding?

That was funny as shit.

That was Chris Farley-Physical Comedy-You Live Down By The River-Funny.....

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                Forgive me if my cultural appropriation has failed, but aren't "kenpo," and "kung fu," like exactly the same words, because related languages?
                Since my time may be short for this life, I'll be brief.

Ken po is a Japanese bastardization of Quan/Chuan/Kuen Fa/Faht. These cover the last 400 odd years of Chinese and Japanese martial arts and their southwesterly travel from culture to culture (including places like Korea). Those 400 sum up the last few thousand years of Chinese hand to hand land warfare.

So when evaluating kenpo, it's best to examine the teacher and their teachers. You don't know what you might find, you might get Benny the Jet wearing a KEMPO shirt.

Kung fu is a broadly applicable term that means skill attained through hard work. Weightlifting is kung fu. MMA is kung fu.

Gonzo is bad at comedy. So, his kung fu in that area is very poor.

Comment

Ken po is a Japanese bastardization of Quan/Chuan/Kuen Fa/Faht. These cover the 400 odd years of Chinese and Japanese martial arts and their southwesterly travel from culture to culture (including places like Korea).

Kung fu is a broadly applicable term that means skill attained through hard work. Weightlifting is kung fu. MMA is kung fu.

Maybe so, but I had the noodle dream and owned it, mother fucker...

Comment

Comment

Ken po is a Japanese bastardization of Quan/Chuan/Kuen Fa/Faht. These cover the 400 odd years of Chinese and Japanese martial arts and their southwesterly travel from culture to culture (including places like Korea).

no

life is short

tired of carrying you

good night

hope you're still here tomorrow

sweet dreams

Comment

No, you just don't like yourself.

With very good reason, mind you.

You are a coward, a narcissist, and a petty selfish fuck with no control over his own emotions, let alone your multiple personality coping mechanisms.

But, your kids need you.

So, man up, and I shall refrain from pushing you too far.

But, I wouldn't push it, if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          No, you just don't like yourself.

With very good reason, mind you.

You are a coward, a narcissist, and a petty selfish fuck with no control over his own emotions, let alone your multiple personality coping mechanisms.

But, your kids need you.

So, man up, and I shall refrain from pushing you too far.

But, I wouldn't push it, if I were you.
                          You didn't even know what jow meant, because you had to look it up.

Any medicine you can crush from a plant is jow.

Your kung fu in kenpo and jow making is hopeless.

Comment

It's not the ethanol​ that'll get you. It's the tropanes and whatever else is in the topical formula.
                            Wouldn't drink it for the same reason I don't eat sticks of icy hot.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                              So can drink?

Alas

Bottle says "For External Use Only".
                              Rabbit et al. are mostly correct - Jow is basically bathtub gin - herbs steeped in vodka, or denatured alcohol, if it's cheap. Some you can drink, some you can maybe tolerate, others will give you a nap which will relieve all your ailments, permanently. Depends on the recipe.

The alcohol provides for solubility and quick evaporation (providing a sense of cooling).

Certain oils from certain plants, eucalyptus for example, or any strong peppers (capsaicin), certain mints (menthol), camphor oil, etc. can provide that warming sensation which we associate with athletic liniments. Some of this is due to mild irritation, which stimulates blood flow. Others are due to restricting the skin's ability to "breathe." Go ahead, dip your hand in room temperature canola oil, or glycerin. It will feel naturally slightly warm...

Some of these things contain acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin); fun aside, a slightly different version of that compound from the same source plant is commonly used to kill Plantar's warts.

Other ingredients that channel certain energies or release the bad fairies from your capillaries are just salesmanship, at best.

You can prove this out by looking at the ingredients in Ben Gay, Icy Hot, Tiger Balm Red, etc... those things "work," because they have commercial formulations of the exact ingredients that make good jow "good." I guarantee you can remove the fairy flowers from any good jow, and it will work the same.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                                Rabbit et al. are mostly correct - Jow is basically bathtub gin - herbs steeped in vodka, or denatured alcohol, if it's cheap. Some you can drink, some you can maybe tolerate, others will give you a nap which will relieve all your ailments, permanently. Depends on the recipe.

The alcohol provides for solubility and quick evaporation (providing a sense of cooling).

Certain oils from certain plants, eucalyptus for example, or any strong peppers (capsaicin), certain mints (menthol), camphor oil, etc. can provide that warming sensation which we associate with athletic liniments. Some of this is due to mild irritation, which stimulates blood flow. Others are due to restricting the skin's ability to "breathe." Go ahead, dip your hand in room temperature canola oil, or glycerin. It will feel naturally slightly warm...

Some of these things contain acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin); fun aside, a slightly different version of that compound from the same source plant is commonly used to kill Plantar's warts.

Other ingredients that channel certain energies or release the bad fairies from your capillaries are just salesmanship, at best.

You can prove this out by looking at the ingredients in Ben Gay, Icy Hot, Tiger Balm Red, etc... those things "work," because they have commercial formulations of the exact ingredients that make good jow "good." I guarantee you can remove the fairy flowers from any good jow, and it will work the same.
                                The best part is the price.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X