Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

For a Side kick do you hit with the Footsword or heel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a Side kick do you hit with the Footsword or heel?

Do you hit with footsword or heel for sidekick

I hit with my foot sword and MY HATE !

Wrong forum.

Read the stickies.

Get the fuck out.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Since this has been moved.

Hey there Nathancyi welcome to Bullshido.

What do you use to strike with when you throw a sidekick ? After you answer that could you tell us more about yourself?
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

am I the only one whose never heard the word footsword before?
        "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MMAMickey View Post
          am I the only one whose never heard the word footsword before?
          I have heard it called that (kinda tongue in cheek) back in my Hapkido days.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

The "foot sword" is I assume the outside edge of the foot. The traditional answer would be edge for soft targets and heel for hard targets. Just use the heel because I have found that all the good targets for a side kick are better suited to the heel variety.

Comment

The footsword looks like this http://tkd.ucoz.co.uk/index/footsword/0-63

Comment

Search function in the upper right corner using this these term "Heel Kick."

Side Kick - Heel Ball or Blade of Foot Strike? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
                Importance of sidekick - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Comment

See Some Kid at my dojang told me you hit with the heel and many other kids said you have to hit with the footsword (whole foot keeping ankle tight)

Comment

Originally posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
                    Since this has been moved.

Hey there Nathancyi welcome to Bullshido.

What do you use to strike with when you throw a sidekick ?

After you answer that could you tell us more about yourself?
                    Seriously.

Oh and most people around this here neck o the wood just call it the side of the foot it helps keep the DERPA away.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by Nathancyi View Post
                      See Some Kid at my dojang told me you hit with the heel and many other kids said you have to hit with the footsword (whole foot keeping ankle tight)
                      I gave you links that answer your question. In other words it is hotly debated and an old topic. Read those links and make your own decision. Better yet, do what you instructor told you.

Comment

So what would you guys hit with??

Comment

Read the links and make your own decision.

Comment

Can you like not see my posts?
                            BILL HICKS,
                            1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

It kind of depends where you kick them. If you some how manage to kick the person in the throat then I would think kicking them with the blade of your foot would be a better choice. But if you kick them in the solar plexes or the head then the heel of your foot would be more affective.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X