• Show
Clear All

Wait. . . No Indians vs Ninjas?

Comment

Originally posted by korean dragon View Post
      Wait. . . No Indians vs Ninjas?
      You have to save something for the squeal

Comment

It's One-Armed Swordsman - Amputee + High Plains Drifter - Clint Eastwood + that scene in the Last Samurai with the ninjas + the Immortals from 300 - acting, from what I can tell.
        I understand this part, but not the part where this is not impressive.

Comment

Since when did Geoffry Rush sell his soul for a paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by kimura92 View Post
            Since when did Geoffry Rush sell his soul for a paycheck?
            The Banger Sisters (2002)

or perhaps

Mystery Men (1999)

Comment

Oh hey, a movie about an assassin who kills a ton of people and then decides what he is doing is bad. Then he must battle the people he was doing assassinations for. What a novel movie idea.

The setting, although pretty cool, does not save this tired old premise. Can we once get a movie with an assassin who is an antihero? This always happens. The dude leaves a huge trail of bodies behind him and now, all of the sudden, he decides that he's not going to be "evil" anymore.

I'll watch it, but I'm going to complain about it, a lot.

Comment

Good point sir

Comment

Cowboys and Ninjians
                  sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
                  "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

Originally posted by Kantroce View Post
                    The setting, although pretty cool, does not save this tired old premise. Can we once get a movie with an assassin who is an antihero? This always happens. The dude leaves a huge trail of bodies behind him and now, all of the sudden, he decides that he's not going to be "evil" anymore.
                    This is precisely why the movie Wanted sucked so hard. Based on a truly original story. Shoehorned into the same old format.

Still, this movie looks OK visually. I'll probably end up hiring it when it becomes available as a weekly...

Comment

Ninjas:
                      Secret shadow warriors from feudal Japan

Cowboys:
                      Legendary adventurers from Americas frontiers.

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?!

Comment

Yeah, I saw this movie once where this actual, no-kidding Nazi officer suddenly decides in the middle of WWII that he's on the wrong side and somebody has to stop Hitler, so he hatches an elaborate plan to blow Hitler and his top staff up in a bunker where they're meeting.
                        It was so completely contrived and unbelievable that nothing could save it from its flawed premise (not even Xenu.)

Comment

The problem with this kind of movie is they are gonna make A movie money for B movie writing,effects,acting,stunts... I HATE this path film has taken.
                          Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                          The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Gwinn View Post
                            Yeah, I saw this movie once where this actual, no-kidding Nazi officer suddenly decides in the middle of WWII that he's on the wrong side and somebody has to stop Hitler, so he hatches an elaborate plan to blow Hitler and his top staff up in a bunker where they're meeting.
                            It was so completely contrived and unbelievable that nothing could save it from its flawed premise (not even Xenu.)
                            Oh yeah. I also saw this one movie where this short white guy is accepted into a group of samurai renegades who at that time wouldn't think twice to kill some honky.

Then he fights off ninjas and actually participates in a battle despite having maybe two months of practice with a sword. It was even worse when my friends thought it was "original" and "inspiring".

Comment

Yeh, well I saw this movie once, where Leonardo De Caprio was on this big boat, and it sank.

I'm not gay though
                              sigpic

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
                              "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Comment

Originally posted by STB'A View Post
                                i thought ninja assassin was kick ass. i can't wait to see this!
                                I fucking fell asleep every time he pulled out his chain/knife thingy. Dude can't hold a candle the Jet Li.
                                "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
                                1) That it doesn't work
                                2) That it does work"
                                -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X