Did I mention, MOVIE? Atrophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mention, MOVIE? Atrophy

This summer, there's a local independent film studio that's going to be making a scifi/action film here in Southwest Michigan. And by "scifi/action film", I mean is "post-apocalyptic steampunk action-adventure film".
    The important part is, I am going to be to fight director for this movie.
    The movie is called Atrophy, and you can see the website for it here, and the facebook group for it here.
    It's a tale as old as time itself, really; a man falls asleep in his basement, man wakes up in a decaying otherworld, man gets chased through the desert by killer robot.
    Anyways, since I'm going to be writing and directing the fight scenes for this movie, I have a very important poll for you all:
    Is there anything you've always wanted to see in a fight scene? Keep in mind, we've got a limited budget and no professional stuntmen, so anything involving spearmen diving off of flaming motorcycles is probably not doable.
    But yeah, keep your eyes on this one.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Mostly I'm just posting to say that that's really cool. Unfortunately, Ong Bak took care of pretty much any crazy crap I would have liked to see in a fight scene.

Comment

Flying robot armbar

Comment

I would like to see CGI Mudkips....
        Originally posted by Nicko1
        Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Comment

I'm going to be a zombie extra in an upcoming low budget movie called Delta Zulu. It's got the fast 28 days later style zombies. Anyway, I think it would be cool to see some joint manipulation either against or by a robot- it always made sense to me that a robot would try to damage the structures that allows its opponent to attack and move around. I know you dislike silat, but there's some stuff that I think would capture the public eye in terms of some of the takedowns and final positions and might also look really cool with a robot in the mix:
          YouTube- Pencak Silat Techniques

Comment

Originally posted by raylawley View Post
            Flying robot armbar
            This. So many times this. Have at least one robot have four arms to accommodate for otherwise impossible BJJ moves.

Also, robot roundhouse kicks.

Comment

Do something original like have the robot nigh on indestructible. Have the robot chase him through an industrial plant and get pushed into a vat of molten steel.
              GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
              Originally posted by Devil
              I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
              I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Flying armbars, triangles, koshi-guruma, omoplatas, leg locks of any kind, captain Kirk throw to kneebar combo.

Comment

Elbow to spine double leg counter. I would like to see it work for once.

Comment

One of the robots dies as follows:

Plum clinch --> knee to the mid section --> knee to the head that sends it's head off high in the air only to comically come back down later and kill another robot.

Comment

Butt punch. or a scissor leg takedown to heelhook
                      Last edited by The_Beak; 4/06/2010 11:14pm, . Reason: cannot spell this late

Comment

Why not make a realistic fight?

You know, where first, you show a montage depicting a short, pudgy guy practicing wing chun until he gets extremely good at the chun. Then, he picks a fight with a tall, muscular untrained meathead and gets totally fucking destroyed by the first haymaker thrown

Comment

Already saw it, was 1987 against Gary Busey in a death match on a front lawn.

Comment

We have a MMM forum on www.Sociocide.com. Just in case you forgot.

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli View Post
                              One of the robots dies as follows:

Plum clinch --> knee to the mid section --> knee to the head that sends it's head off high in the air only to comically come back down later and kill another robot.
                              Fuckin' A.
                              Originally posted by Goju - joe
                              being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X