Final questions on Staph/Ringworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final questions on Staph/Ringworm

Ok, I have gone through the various threads on Staph and ringworm. But most of them are pertaining to BJJ.

How likely are skin infections in Judo?

How likely are they in striking arts like MT and KK, if these arts take place on the same mats where BJJ and Wrestlers roll in other times?

For those in London familiar with Tokei, do you have any idea of the outbreaks there?

I to would like to know if Staph is common in Judo.
    I've never heard of anyone I know from Judo, how about at your dojos?

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan75 View Post
      How likely are skin infections in Judo?
      A bit less likely because of training exclusively in the gi.
      How likely are they in striking arts like MT and KK, if these arts take place on the same mats where BJJ and Wrestlers roll in other times?
      Again, less common because you're not in contact with people so much.
      For those in London familiar with Tokei, do you have any idea of the outbreaks there?
      From time to time, somebody at every gym will get something. It will almost certainly not kill you, there's very little reason to be as horribly stressed out at the idea as you obviously are.

Comment

Pretty much, what Pointy said.

I would add that Staph infections are possible in most contact sports (grappling arts again a bit more likely). The main contributing factors are the hygiene of the gym and your training partners.

I caught Staph last year was kinda annoying but nothing that a swift dose of antibiotics could'nt cure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X