Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

western Massachsetts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    western Massachsetts

    Long time lurker from western mass here. I want to check out Kirik Jenness's place http://www.amherstmma.com/index.php
    and Kuma Judo
    http://cygsol.com/KumaJudo/kumadojo.html
    sometime in the next few weeks.

    #2
    Originally posted by Slayn66 View Post
    Long time lurker from western mass here. I want to check out Kirik Jenness's place http://www.amherstmma.com/index.php
    and Kuma Judo
    http://cygsol.com/KumaJudo/kumadojo.html
    sometime in the next few weeks.
    Just for the record, you are really lucky in your timing. I went to college in Amherst (ok, technically I believe Hampshire isn't "in" Amherst...but anyway) from 97-99 and there was nothing like the MMA school there at the time. I would have killed to train BJJ back then, but the nearest and closest thing that I could find was a shootfighting school that was 45 minutes away. Instead I joined Valley Aikido. Great guys, serious about Aikido...but still, it's Aikido and not quite what I really wanted, hence my style change a while back.

    Best of luck!

    Comment


      #3
      Kirik is highly recommended by myself. I've trained with him a few times and he's really easy going and his knowledge is top of the line.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Slayn66 View Post
        Long time lurker from western mass here. I want to check out Kirik Jenness's place http://www.amherstmma.com/index.php
        and Kuma Judo
        http://cygsol.com/KumaJudo/kumadojo.html
        sometime in the next few weeks.

        Kirik is a class guy and been the biggest supporter and promoter of of MMA in New England for years.

        There are also some places in Springfield but honestly, if Amherst is convenient for you, do it up.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Iainkelt View Post
          Just for the record, you are really lucky in your timing. I went to college in Amherst (ok, technically I believe Hampshire isn't "in" Amherst...but anyway) from 97-99 and there was nothing like the MMA school there at the time. I would have killed to train BJJ back then, but the nearest and closest thing that I could find was a shootfighting school that was 45 minutes away. Instead I joined Valley Aikido. Great guys, serious about Aikido...but still, it's Aikido and not quite what I really wanted, hence my style change a while back.

          Best of luck!

          I was at UMass in 99. Kirik has been teaching in Amherst since 1993...sorry you missed out, I guess they didn't advertise as much as they should've.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
            I was at UMass in 99. Kirik has been teaching in Amherst since 1993...sorry you missed out, I guess they didn't advertise as much as they should've.
            Son of a bitch....I had absolutely no idea or I would have gone that route. I knew there were a few karate/tkd places, and Aikido, but when searching for BJJ or similar arts I didn't come across Kirik or anything closer than Springfield at best. I should have looked harder, maybe one of the locals could have clued me in.

            Comment

            Collapse

            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

            Working...
            X