Aikidoka beats TKDer fighter on tape!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aikidoka beats TKDer fighter on tape!

So, according to this video, this tkd fighter is a black belt and has also been cross training in boxing. The Aikidoka uses his skills to deflect his attacks and utilize his wrist locks.

YouTube- 合気道とテコンドーで闘ってみました Aikido VS Taekwondo

Yay. You must be proud.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

i want that guys darth vader helmet

Comment

I want it in white.
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Nice video, thank you!

Comment

no problem...aikido gets a bad rap but when trained alive it be just as effective as any grappling art.

Comment

hold back son, show it beating someone who doesnt practice an equally shit martial art and you might have a point.

also, i want to know what boxing school teaches someone the zombie 2 hand push.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                hold back son, show it beating someone who doesnt practice an equally shit martial art and you might have a point.

also, i want to know what boxing school teaches someone the zombie 2 hand push.
                can't find a video of an aikidoka beating a MT guy. but my point was that if aikido is trained as a wrestler or judoka is trained, than it can be just as effective.

Comment

That is a faulty premise.

Comment

Originally posted by aikido_is_best View Post
                    can't find a video of an aikidoka beating a MT guy.
                    That's cos that never happened, and never will.

Comment

There is somethings weird about the Taekwondoka:
                      - or well I'm getting colorblind, but that belt looks more like blue/dark purple than black.
                      - the level of TKD technique suggest a stripmall McDojo BB
                      - which Boxing skills? I'm not seeing any...really.

About training Aikido the same way as Judo or Wrestling: do some research on Shodokan and Yoseikan Aikido.

Comment

I'm interested to know (from what you see), how could you tell if someone is in a strip mall dojo?

Thank you for telling me about shodokan and yoseikan. these tournaments look like a lot of fun

YouTube- Finale Tournoi du samurai 2008 de Yoseikan Budo partie 3 - Spectaculaire - Victoire Fidèle

Comment

You know that if you try to block kicks with your hands against someone who knows how to kick, you're going to get your arms broken?

Comment

Check out the YouTube blurb, it has more details about the tkd guy, the broken English makes it a bit difficult but from what I can tell this guy was not a boxer, he was tkd.
                            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by aikido_is_best View Post
                              I'm interested to know (from what you see), how could you tell if someone is in a strip mall dojo?
                              The level: if you get your BB in two years, the techniques will be bad.

These are lower rank belts (yellow) in competition:
                              YouTube- taekwondo competition huzzy
                              don't look at the commotion that the punch in the face created, just look at the level of kicking.

see the differance.

Yoseikan Aikido can be trained seperatly from Yoseikan Budo (which is a hybrid art of old-school Aikido, Shotokan Karate and Judo).
                              Yoseikan Budo is huge in France.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X