Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
    What the fuck is this shit?

YouTube- WKF Aziz Dalloul (QAT) Vs Triantafyllis (GRE)

Seriously I don't understand what I'm seeing.
    Same feeling I got when I saw American Football in ESPN, I had no idea what I was seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by aznraven View Post
      Thing is, he is known for his throws/sweeps from the clinch.
      Even more of a reason on why I wouldn't bet on my self.

Comment

Is that hopping competition ? Oh, it has some punching..... and that's GRE on him like Greece?

Well, Leonidas will be rolling in his grave...
        Last edited by Chado; 8/12/2010 5:41am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
          What the fuck is this shit?

YouTube- WKF Aziz Dalloul (QAT) Vs Triantafyllis (GRE)

Seriously I don't understand what I'm seeing.
          Two grown ass men doing strip mall kiddie krotty.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
            Two grown ass men doing strip mall kiddie krotty.
            What's all the more hilarious for me is that I actually had a strip mall krotty 6th (7th?) dan tell me to my face that the best way to learn fighting is through kata, and he was a firm believe in the one-hit kill move. He also hated MMA and I was strongly urged not to bring that up when I was changing for my one free lesson.

That video personifies that mindset to me.

Comment

Comment

What would happen if some one with a solid base not afaird to take a hit weatherd the 4/5 punches and then unleashed on the krotty guy? I dont understand the rules or understand why these guys back away from punches or cant seem to handle a handful of blows without falling down :S

Comment

Originally posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
                  How can I argue with a 12th degree logic master? You're right.

IIF, you're right this thread is so full of intelligent responses. helmutlvx judging a guys training on a montage annoys me, and that's why I rageposted.
                  I can most certainly judge a man's training by a montage.

He performs the exercises ineffectively, does silly kata, and can't punch a heavy bag to save his life.

I don't care what you tippytappy nutriders have to say about it: This guy sucks as a fighter and he would get murdered if he ever tried to get into knockdown karate.

Comment

Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post
                    I can most certainly judge a man's training by a montage.

He performs the exercises ineffectively, does silly kata, and can't punch a heavy bag to save his life.

I don't care what you tippytappy nutriders have to say about it: This guy sucks as a fighter and he would get murdered if he ever tried to get into knockdown karate.

He won't do well in knockdown karate, because he does not train for knockdown karate. He trains for sports karate.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                      What would happen if some one with a solid base not afaird to take a hit weatherd the 4/5 punches and then unleashed on the krotty guy? I dont understand the rules or understand why these guys back away from punches or cant seem to handle a handful of blows without falling down :S
                      He would lose. The only reason these guys let themself fall, is to make the punches appear harder than they actually are since that would open the possibility of the attacker getting penalty points. If someone was to weather the punches, he would simply lose since his opponent would receive the points. He wouldn't even get the chance to retaliate since after a point is scored, the match is paused.

Originally posted by helmustlvx
                      Nobody actually claimed that he would stand a chance in a full contact competition. If you don't train full contact, than you have no place in full contact. It's like a sprinter trying to run a marathon.

What was claimed is that this guy trains hard and has a strong physique.

Comment

Originally posted by aznraven in the OP
                        Btw the heavy punches in the matches most probably are fouls (besides the ones where the opponent does not defend himself, then it is his fault, so you get the point) but he still won in the end, it is all part of the sport.

Big respect for such a dedicated sportsman.
                        Bold emphasis mine.

The insistence that this same individual who can't move a heavy bag can have heavy punches is completely contradictory. While it's certainly a point that can be conceded that "sport" karate is different from, say, a real fighting competition, I am simply defining my opinion that this man is an athlete, not a karateka.

Comment

Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post
                          Bold emphasis mine.

The insistence that this same individual who can't move a heavy bag can have heavy punches is completely contradictory. While it's certainly a point that can be conceded that "sport" karate is different from, say, a real fighting competition, I am simply defining my opinion that this man is an athlete, not a karateka.
                          HE is training for sports karate and is not hitting the heavybag full force, there is no need, all he has to do is tap the opponent's face to score.

Comment

You need to get over using the term "sports karate." Knockdown Kyokushin tournaments are sports events. Grappling events are sports events. Judo tourneys are sporting events. MMA is a sport. This is freeze tag bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Whacker View Post
                              You need to get over using the term "sports karate." Knockdown Kyokushin tournaments are sports events. Grappling events are sports events. Judo tourneys are sporting events. MMA is a sport. This is freeze tag bullshit.
                              I can't, that is what these tournaments are called, sports karate tournaments, it is not a term I came up with.

Let throw names at everything, no face-punch bullshit, no striking-bullshit, human-cockfighting bullshit.

This is a legitimate sport, just as TKDers try to kick each other to score points, or kendoist try to land a first hit.

Comment

It's not really a sport, more like an activity.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X