Sports Karate (TippyTappy) - Dimitris Triantafyllis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Why? Are they disgusted by profuse body hair or something?
    Not to generalize :toothy3: ...they are a bunch of egotistical douches who seem to have the emotional hormones of a woman in menopause.

After one match an Indonesian won the Iranian, Indonesian went for a friendly hug and the Iranian pushed him away. The coach had to force him to apologize and had to apologize to the opponent's coach as well.

When they win, they jump, hug/kiss their friends, kiss the floor, pray to god, all during their big orgasm they get from winning a match.

Not to generalize...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
      You have to do that in order to score points for a takedown in Karate. Seriously.
      Also, the difference between an Ippon and a Wazaari is often how loudly you scream when you punch the guy.
      Again, dead serious. It's such a ridiculous sport, and the fact that it's become so widespread is only evidence that there is no Just Deity who presides over the universe.
      Wait wait wait, is the screaming thing true?

Comment

Yes. The screaming thing is true.

Supposedly it's because you show great "spirit".

Comment

Originally posted by Siniq View Post
          Wait wait wait, is the screaming thing true?
          Not in any competition I've ever competed or attended.

Comment

Originally posted by Odacon View Post
            Not in any competition I've ever competed or attended.
            Same for me.

It is not true for standard WKF-rules tourneys. Always hit/pullback and the point is yours.

Kiai is considered a "show" in these tourneys, it brings the judges in your favor tho. This causes the misconceptions that you shout, you get the point.

So no matter what, a lot of people will keep shouting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
              You have to do that in order to score points for a takedown in Karate. Seriously.
              Also, the difference between an Ippon and a Wazaari is often how loudly you scream when you punch the guy.
              Again, dead serious. It's such a ridiculous sport, and the fact that it's become so widespread is only evidence that there is no Just Deity who presides over the universe.
              It's sanbon points, so no ippon and wazaari are dealt out. The amount of points depends on where and how you hit.
              Shouting, kiai, however is done a lot. Especially by girls and women which hurts the ears. It gets especially ridiculous when you have two 18 year old girls making a kiai with every single attack.
              In male competitions however, shouting is done far less.

Comment

The whole "screaming thing" is to draw the attention of the judges and the crowd, to get them behind you and is completely unnecessary to complete the score.

As far as hitting them while they are down being needed to get the points, that is incorrect. Alll you have to do for the takedown points is to show them that you put the other guy in a position that leaves him open to whatever you wish to do with him. One strike is all that is needed. Multiple shots is him being a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by searcher66071 View Post
                  The whole "screaming thing" is to draw the attention of the judges and the crowd, to get them behind you and is completely unnecessary to complete the score.
                  In theory, anyway. In a lot of ippon shobukiai is supposed to show commitment and what not, and a lot of judges may think of kiai-less attacks as tentative and less final. (On the face of it, this is rather silly; add a cultural context where people get used to yelling whenever they throw a committed, presumed-ippon-shobukiai is not technically

Comment

Since complaining about sprawls is not allowed I'll just say enter a KK tournament you cock puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by searcher66071 View Post

As far as hitting them while they are down being needed to get the points, that is incorrect. Alll you have to do for the takedown points is to show them that you put the other guy in a position that leaves him open to whatever you wish to do with him. One strike is all that is needed. Multiple shots is him being a prick.
                      Actually you don't get points for the takedown itself but for the strike following it, or kick actually however that isn't done a lot. However, that punch or kick needs to hit as cleanly as it should for it to be counted as a point. Since most competitors inmediatly cover up when they are brought to the ground, most often several punches are necessary for the point to be scored. If you only do one punch and the judges decide that it isn't clean anough, you do not receive any points.

Comment

Originally posted by Petter View Post
                        At first I thought you had a good point. Then I realised that I was wrong because this is Bullshido, which is about good martial arts, wherefore we should expect the perspective here to be about evaluating things qua martial arts. I think gymnastics are shit, if you present them as martial arts (Gymkata notwithstanding…). Notice how people don’t seem to post about gymnastics here, or speedskating, or hockey, or any other sport—even if they do take enormous amounts of talent, skill, determination, and hard work.

In a different context, this guy is surely more of an athlete than virtually anyone on these boards. But qua martial artist; qua fighter?
                        How can I argue with a 12th degree logic master? You're right.

IIF, you're right this thread is so full of intelligent responses. helmutlvx judging a guys training on a montage annoys me, and that's why I rageposted.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                          Oh look isn't that cute Squirelli has entered his newest phase.
                          Eat a dick gramps. Nice avatar btw.

Originally posted by Kid Miracleman View Post
                          Yeah, training hard to be a spazzy mega-douche.

Seriously, a lil' fella like you could mop the floor with this guy. Hell, even Sirc could beat him.
                          Sadly, I'd probably lose. I'm small. What do I have against him? Skill? Mediocre striking vs a VERY superior athlete.

I wouldn't bet on my self unless I somehow managed to stay in the clinch and see if he'll gas him self out not knowing how to throw/strike me from that range.

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli View Post
                            I wouldn't bet on my self unless I somehow managed to stay in the clinch and see if he'll gas him self out not knowing how to throw/strike me from that range.
                            Thing is, he is known for his throws/sweeps from the clinch.

Comment

What the fuck is this shit?

YouTube- WKF Aziz Dalloul (QAT) Vs Triantafyllis (GRE)

Seriously I don't understand what I'm seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
                                What the fuck is this shit?

YouTube- WKF Aziz Dalloul (QAT) Vs Triantafyllis (GRE)

Seriously I don't understand what I'm seeing.
                                Neither do I execpt sone poor sods being tortured every 10 seconds or so off camera.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X