An Intro no one Will Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Intro no one Will Read

since this is newbtown and i myself am a newb to bullshido i thought i should post about myself...that and thats what im told to do in some of the stickies.

anyway, i have always wanted to partake in martial arts but never got the chance to. during high school however i found some friends and started sparring.

one was more of an mma who taught himself from different movies and what not (can handle himself well and survive a street fight if you ask me)

another was a Northern Shoalin student since he was 5 or 8. (he considers himself more of an entertainer than a fighter)

the others were just a football player who liked to work powerful swings (he's more a a halberd type of guy) and a small guy who worked better with agility and kicks.

but here i am supposed to talk about me. well, with sparing i have learned that i have no natural ability in anything. i have no strength, no agility, no speed, and my awareness of the environment is severely lacking. the only thing i can seem to do is see openings, getting to them however is a different thing.

that being said, i think if given the chance i could be a good fighter. i have a drive and will to learn.

as of right now i am training with a senpai in Taijutsu. then of course comes the war between Bujinkan and Genbukan, as i said before i am a newb and have yet to come to a conclusion on the two, but as of right now they both seem to hold valuable information on how to fight and defend yourself and isnt that all that really matters? (im not saying that it doesnt matter that someone supposedly lied, im just saying as of right now in this time it doesnt concern me as much because the information of fighting/defending yourself seems to be the same).

well thats it for now. i am truly interested on learning the facts concerning the bujinkan/genbukan and will be looking into further. other than that i love all martial arts but like others i do have favorites.

muay tai for being such a powerful and rewarding art to watch (maybe its just that TonyJaa is just so cool)

Northern Shoalin for being a truly beautiful art

and Taijutsu for being seemingly complete (i say seemingly because i have yet to be convinced other wise ^^ )

good day to you all,
    from South California, AKJackson

Well I read this just to spite you.

Honestly, people will appreciate that you read the stickies. Also we appreciate that your first post isn't about how you're going to kick someones ass, and then back out once you realize the Bullshido has members everywhere, and some of them are cranky.

You might get some grief about your choice in styles, but be assured that it is good natured, and for the most part people will treat you with the same respect that you treat them.

Welcome to Bullshido!

Comment

TL;DR

Blah.

Comment

Since you're in the Booj, I will warn you right now.

No one is going to take you seriously about anything, so tread very carefully.

Comment

skimmed it and welcome.

I'm not really impressed with any of the arts that you mentioned, other than Muay Thai.

Comment

Hi

Hi.

I have read a bunch of Hatsumi's books on Ninjutsu/Ninpo Taijutsu/etc. and those of some of his students (Jack Hoban and Charles Daniel). It is really fascinating stuff when all the modern Ninja bullshit is stripped away to the legacy Hatsumi has perpetuated. I grew up wanting to learn more and more about the more "stealthy" martial arts but before the Internet, all I had was Black Belt magazine, "Ninja" Magazine, and Sho Kosugi movies.

It wasn't until I started reading Hatsumi's works that I really began to respect the overall philosophy, using the elements, and so on. I think the Booj represents a martial art most faithtful to Sun Tzu's philosophies on war, even if they don't shoot flaming arrows and shit anymore. Or maybe they do..if they're really ninpo, who the fuck knows what they do.

I have never trained in Taijutsu but may still give it a try someday, Jack Hoban of the Booj teaches about an hour from here.
            Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/02/2010 10:58pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
              TL;DR

Blah.
              im sorry what?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
                Well I read this just to spite you.

You might get some grief about your choice in styles, but be assured that it is good natured
                yeah, i expected that after lurking a bit around some hatters. i get their point of view, especially with so many people that just dont get it. that's why i treat it as Just Taijutsu, not ninja anything XD. but i wont go into what ninjitsu is and what its not after all i dont know everything and i never liked getting into pointless arguments online. that and this is not what this thread is about XD

as for it being good natured.......maybe i just never had a big bro that was bent on making me feel like a crap XD

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                  Hi.

I have read a bunch of Hatsumi's books on Ninjutsu/Ninpo Taijutsu/etc. and those of some of his students (Jack Hoban and Charles Daniel).

It wasn't until I started reading Hatsumi's works that I really began to respect the overall philosophy, using the elements, and so on. I think the Booj represents a martial art most faithtful to Sun Tzu's philosophies on war, even if they don't shoot flaming arrows and shit anymore. Or maybe they do..if they're really ninpo, who the fuck knows what they do.

Jack Hoban of the Booj teaches about an hour from here.
                  as ive said before, and will many times after, i am a total newb so i havent read anything except for Mind of the Ninja: Exploring the Inner Power (my senpai said it had good info and it does so far relating to how the media screwed up Ninjutsu and what not, as for the other half of the book were it goes into the whole hand signs and spiritual whatnots.....lets just say i didnt get into martial arts to learn about my inner spirit and all that jazz, i just want to be able to defend myself >.> )

as for jake hoban, what i see from him seems to just be another media hog, again idk, i just dont trust him ^^;

Comment

Dragonwithin, I read your intro and just have one thing to say: Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Now consider getting your young ass to the nearest judo dojo ASAP.

No?

Consider anything that allows you to train against resisting opponents. What you are doing now probably isn't.

Oh yeah,

Don't listen to the Rabbit. You'll lose brain cells and possibly develop cancer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X