Huge Red Blister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Red Blister

So after MT class today I found a huge blister on my foot that looks really raw... Idk what to do with it.
    Should I continue training and not really give a shit about it? Or should I just lay off the training till it kinda scabs over.

or wrap it up (cover it) and train your arse off more

Comment

If it bursts make sure you clean the wound surrounding area with antiseptic and bandage it properly with surgical plaster. I got a staph infection before on my foot from scrapping all of the skin off the knuckle of my big toe in training. Seeing as you'll be wearing shin guards with the sweat of a thousand fighters feeding colonies of bacteria and stomping around on a mat that has blood, sweat and saliva all over it, not to mention coming into contact with other dirty sweaty bodies then its a good idea to keep the wound properly clean! Take it from me, you do not want to get a staph infection.

Comment

Wrap it, strap it and get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by sainthamish View Post
          Wrap it, strap it and get over it.
          Gee I was just trying to be safe there was no crying over here. Doesn't the fact I got something like that show I've been trainin mah little butt off?
          :icon_wink

Comment

Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
            Gee I was just trying to be safe there was no crying over here. Doesn't the fact I got something like that show I've been trainin mah little butt off?
            :icon_wink
            No it shows you have soft feminine feet more suited to wing Chun.

I always pop my blisters squeeze them out clean them in detol and put spay bandage on them
            Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

If you mean freakishly huge, like half your foot you are best of popping it and cutting the dead skin off, take soda-footbaths en sterilize every time you go out of the house and tape it.

It's a plus if you wear flipflops, I had the same a few weeks ago, it's heals really fast this way.

If it's not that huge, just strap it in for training.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                No it shows you have soft feminine feet more suited to wing Chun.

I always pop my blisters squeeze them out clean them in detol and put spay bandage on them
                well thats the thing my feet have always been callused pretty bad but never blistered like this.

Comment

Edit, less wordy version:

Get some liquid skin/nu skin/liquid bandaid/etc. etc., you're gonna need it. It's not perfect, but best thing I've found. Common problem in Shotokan due to the friction created by the push-off footwork.

Lol callouses. Callouses will just make it so instead of a blister you have big patches of skin ripped off instead with painfully tender, bright red, basalt layer exposed underneath. Liquid skin! And triple antibiotic ointment + painreliever + letting it air when you're not training (this is all assuming it's burst or you've popped it).

And on that note...time for dinner, bleh.
                  Last edited by maofas; 7/14/2010 5:12pm, .

Comment

Cover it in tobassco. Delicious.

Comment

It's the herp, you're screwed.

Comment

I personally pop it take the skin off then bathe my feet in brine making sure to disinfect with iodine embrace the pain.

Comment

put some Tussin on it

Comment

Pee on it.
                            Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Comment

Chop the foot off, side kick people with the bony stump in their dantien.
                              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X