overspeed training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overspeed training

Has any one tried using overspeed training to increase the speed of your punches. If yes did you show any inprovments?

Originally posted by eleetness151 View Post
    Has any one tried using overspeed training to increase the speed of your punches. If yes did you show any inprovments?
    Your post contains insufficient material to warrant leaving it in the PT forum. Links to video demonstrations and/or an explanation of overspeed training would have been a good place to start.

If you don't care enough to put some effort into the original post, I don't care enough to leave it in the training area.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

if you don't know what it is, then you havn't tried it and do not have an answer.

Comment

Probably for the best to avoid the inevitable train wreck. See

Shadow Boxing with Barbells - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

for the last round.

if you don't know what it is, then you havn't tried it and do not have an answer.
        If I were you, I'd stay far, far away from the PT forum. It won't end well.
        Originally posted by Emevas
        Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

You never know, some members may have tried but not called it 'overspeed training'. A cursory explanation or video would be useful for everyone who wants a constructive discussion.

Comment

the idea of overspeed traing is using a device that forces you to move faster, then you would with it. What it does is train the nervous system to move with more speed. Spriters have used devices that, tow them about 2% faster then they normal speed. A boxer can use this concept by tying a bungee cord to a post, and use it to pull their fist.

Comment

I tried it.

Made my dick sore.

Comment

I would post a video, but I can only find one's that are used for running

Comment

It is not my job to know what overspeed training is. It is my job to moderate the training fora so lazy assholes like yourself don't waste other members time with half baked threads.

People from all over the world post on Bullshido. There are many different terms for all the various training aids/techniques available to them. A simple explanation of the technique or device is REQUIRED if you wish to post a thread in the PT forum. The world does not orbit around you. Typing a short explanation prevents other posters from asking you what the hell you're typing about.

You have annoyed me. So if you post another half ass thread in any of the training fora I will simply ban you from the site.

Comment

I was overspeed a long time ago, mainly because I got a better job and could afford coke.
                    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                    Originally posted by Devil
                    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

I would post a video, but I can only find one's that are used for running
                      There is a reason for this.
                      Originally posted by Emevas
                      Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

First off way to make a major dick move like giving a snarky answer to a moderator, to be fair I did a similar gaff but at least partially redeamed myself by being useful after. I'd suggest the post less and read more option but seeing as you have a join date in 2007 and only 36 posts I would have to assume that idea isn't sinking in. So let me just suggest you step lightly and never post less than a paragraph when starting a topic.

Second I would have to say that the idea of "overspeed training" is a good way to wreck your joints not increase your speed. When its done correctly it is usually by trained, highlevel atheletes under the supervision of a coach and frankly they still run the risk of ending up with long term joint damage anyway. Unless your an elite level boxer you shouldn't even be considering hairbrained schemes like this.

If your looking for opinions about this type of training just as general interest well there is mine. If your asking because you want to use this type of training then I suggest you don't do it. Course no one ever listens to good advice.

Comment

Hey,
                          Its not a bad idea, it is a legitimate training method. Although you would need a wall with 2 bungee cord things sticking out...

Comment

I'd like to clarify something. Calling a moderator an asshole, or disagreeing with him or her is never a problem. After all this is Bullshido and Phrost does not pick thin-skinned members to be moderators.

However, when a moderator or staff member is discussing forum policy, that is a different issue. Certain fora, like the PT forum or MABS, have specific criteria for posting in them. When someone on staff is advising you, the poster, of this criteria, it is not because we like to read what we type. It is because you have posted in a manner that is contradictory to established forum guidelines, and, despite what you might think, we'd prefer not to spend all our time on this site explaining the rules to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bdang View Post
                              Hey,
                              Its not a bad idea, it is a legitimate training method. Although you would need a wall with 2 bungee cord things sticking out...
                              Resistance band training and what the OP describes are not the same thing, actually.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X