X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grappling Techniques

YouTube- SIFU Marc Davis - Grappling Techniques

Long time lurker first time posting.
    What do we all think of this guys techniques?

Uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadjohn View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77D71YV0hZM

Long time lurker first time posting.
      What do we all think of this guys techniques?
      What do you think of them?

Comment

Crap.

Comment

an interesting display of crappling

Comment

Originally posted by fights4peace View Post
            an interesting display of crappling
            What specifically makes it crappling?

Comment

[QUOTE=Vorpal;2408986]What specifically makes it crappling?[/QU

Typo. It seems to be standard sweeps from a wrestling clinch progressing to armbars/chokes. Not bad really.

Comment

Are those heel kicks when he lock in on the armbar at the end mma legal? I would have never thought of that

Comment

Looked sloppy. Flaring knees galore on armbars which would probably be easy to hitchhike out of. Sloppy alignment on the triangle (though the demo partner did tap; maybe he’d have adjusted at need). Osoto-gari style reaps where he doesn’t appear to pull the demo partner off balance. Most of those takedowns looked like they could simply be stepped out of by a resisting attacker, except for the double-leg where a sprawl and perhaps a guillotine looked more appropriate.

I wonder how much time he’s actually spent refining those techniques against resisting opponents?
                  [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
                  [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
                  “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Comment

[quote=fights4peace;2408988]
                    Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
                    What specifically makes it crappling?[/QU

Typo. It seems to be standard sweeps from a wrestling clinch progressing to armbars/chokes. Not bad really.

Sorry brother, I wanted to hear it from F4P. A short while ago he seemed to put some stock in compliant training videos, I was wondering if his sensibilities had adjusted.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vorpal;2408996]

Sorry brother, I wanted to hear it from F4P. A short while ago he seemed to put some stock in compliant training videos, I was wondering if his sensibilities had adjusted.
                      *glares* No stock in compliant videos if they are brought to prove a technique works. I really wish my brother's thing would blow over already.

Comment

Kinda sloppy judo stuff, but at least he isn't teaching 'anti-grappling'

Comment

I wish I was good enough to pull off a triangle angled towards the wrong side. :-(

I need to train more.

Comment

That wasn't the worse I've seen, but that man has no business teaching any of the moves he demonstrated. The Japanese double leg was particularly poorly executed.

Maybe I'll make a video of Kung Fu moves I learned off the internet and see where that gets me.

That was indeed crappling. Your statement that it was a typo and subsequently saying that it was "not bad" tells me you have no idea what good grappling looks like.

Train more, post less.
                            Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
                              That wasn't the worse I've seen, but that man has no business teaching any of the moves he demonstrated. The Japanese double leg was particularly poorly executed.

Maybe I'll make a video of Kung Fu moves I learned off the internet and see where that gets me.

That was indeed crappling. Your statement that it was a typo and subsequently saying that it was "not bad" tells me you have no idea what good grappling looks like.

Train more, post less.
                              I only watched up to the armbar until I went up until the end. really didnt have patience. but yes grappling is my weakest skill, but im gonna start going to miletich in a bit to train there

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X