Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you train when you're not at your classes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you train when you're not at your classes??

When your not practicing your martial art with a trainer how do you get additional training from home, videos, books,etc.
    I mean I have a shit ton of books but just reading them seem useless unless I have a partner how do yall train! thanks

Definitely instructional videos. However i generally find that i get nothing out of just watching tons of videos of tons of moves. Rather, it's better that i find one move that i think i can integrate into my game, think about it for a bit, and then try to do it when i go to class.

Comment

Part of a being a good coach is teaching your fighter/student how to train themselves. A coach teaches you technique and teaches you how to improve yourself. The best ways to really learn are to watch fights and simply to think about technique and strategy on your own and break down in your mind how things work.
      Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Perfect your kicking, punching, elbows etc etc

This is also where forms would come to play if your martial arts uses it (katas/forms). Personally I have a tonne of solo techniques I can train, most of the techniques taught can be done solo.

Comment

bdangadang. Where you been, mang?
          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
          Originally posted by Devil
          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by Notagayusername View Post
            When your not practicing your martial art with a trainer how do you get additional training from home, videos, books,etc.
            I mean I have a shit ton of books but just reading them seem useless unless I have a partner how do yall train! thanks
            I have sex with your mom. It's pretty gross. Helps build up ability to take pain.

Comment

Lift weights. I guarantee that squats and deadlifts will help your fighting skills more than kata ever will.
              The fool thinks himself immortal,
              If he hold back from battle;
              But old age will grant him no truce,
              Even if spears spare him.

Comment

I know your secret Omega. You had your nerve centre removed a la Black Mask. That is the only possible reason you could survive that kind of a horrific ordeal.
                GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                Originally posted by Devil
                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                  Lift weights. I guarantee that squats and deadlifts will help your fighting skills more than kata ever will.
                  + 1
                  Fitness would'nt go astray as well.
                  Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

mmm i spend my time working on other shit- doing water stuff, wind sprints, lifting weights etc. immeasurably more useful than watching videos or reading books. that shit is for nerds!

Comment

Suicide runs, push ups, crunches, bag work, shadow boxing, calling a friend to hold mitts for you, lift weights, yoga, etc...

Seriously, just fucking do something. I have a book for yoga so all you need to do is hit up a book store and bang, there you, yoga class whenever the fuck you want. Will it be perfect? No. Is it better then wasting your time and doing nothing? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli View Post
                        Suicide runs,

Comment

YES FINALLY someone said it. LE KETTLEBELL.

XOXOXO Love You Long Time
                          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

I think more people would do kettle bells if you diddnt have to take a home loan out to buy one

YouTube- How to Run Suicide Drills
                            Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

bag work

weights

shadows

running.

now STFU and train.
                              "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X