Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"10th Planet Doesn't Work In Reality" (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"10th Planet Doesn't Work In Reality" (Video)

YouTube- JOE ROGANS EDDIE BRAVOS 10TH PLANET DOESNT WORK IN REALITY BJJ VS JKD AND WING CHUN-1.MOV

Apologies if this has been reposted, but this guy is awesome. :icon_bigs

search function nob

ban for low content post.

Comment

He should have wrapped the peach in denim. I don't know about you but I generally don't engage in street fights naked.

I'm also fuzzier then a peach. :icon_sunn

Comment

PLZ

Comment

Teh Shootz does not work that way. Seriously, I learned the hard way by getting dumped on my ass by a bunch of varsity wrestlers. A six year old can learn a better double leg with an afternoon of practice.

Also, what does the wrist grab thing have to do with MMA? I don't think that is an example of a typical "MMA" attack.

Comment

Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post
            ban_hammer.

PLZ

Pfft. My Wing Chun would stop that puny hammer with a flurry of fist attacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Middlefinger View Post
              He should have wrapped the peach in denim. I don't know about you but I generally don't engage in street fights naked.

I'm also fuzzier then a peach. :icon_sunn
              Also, human skin is tougher than a peach. I know because I've bitten someone and eaten a peach. Not at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
                search function nob

I used said "nob" (sic). It did not come up with the video, so I posted it with a disclaimer(that it may be a repost) because....

Originally posted by Lindz
                ban for low content post.

...I will never be able to have a high post count without posting. Speaking logically, of course.:icon_bigs

Comment

Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post

PLZ
                  hey. New guy. Shut up.

Comment

ok seriously, who is this idiot in this video? Why does this same shit keep getting spread? I'm sick of these dickheads that can't take the time to go get put in one fucking real armbar that think they know all about it.

And was the person he was slamming a ten year old or a small woman or what?

Comment

Originally posted by RedMonkey View Post
                      ...I will never be able to have a high post count without posting. Speaking logically, of course.:icon_bigs
                      Post count =/= post content.

But I would observe that the former will never rise very high if all your posts get trollshidoed due to lack of the latter. What do you find so awesome about the video? Does it make a valid point? Is it just funny? Is it both? Commenting on these aspects will add content to your posts.

Just sayin'.

Comment

That vid was retardo. & why's he picking on that kid with the helmet? shouldn't that kid be on a short bus somewhere?
                        "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
                        ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
                        ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
                        ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Originally posted by Nicko1 View Post
                          Post count =/= post content.

But I would observe that the former will never rise very high if all your posts get trollshidoed due to lack of the latter. What do you find so awesome about the video? Does it make a valid point? Is it just funny? Is it both? Commenting on these aspects will add content to your posts.

Just sayin'.

I find it ironic that the auteur of the video in question uses a demonstration of a peach rubbing against concrete to demonstrate the inherent uselessness of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in a real violent self-defense encounter for a number of reasons:

1. If a relatively experienced BJJ practitioner (blue belt or higher from an accredited program) actually rolled on the concrete, the attacker would likely get "concrete peached", not the person who has said attacker in their guard or trapped in a mount/has swept them to the ground.

2. The human anatomy is vastly different from that of a common prunus persica.

It is also ironic that, despite his intense hatred for Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo (and the marijuana plant), 10th Planet seems to be entirely unrepresented in the video, as no demonstration of the rubber guard, twister, etc. versus any type of Chinese martial art is shown. The title is misleading. Also, if such a demonstration would be presented as a argument, a No-gi practitioner that descended from the techniques primarily taught by Machado should represent the "10th Planet", and should be pitted against an expert of self defense in both TKD and Wing Chun. This instead shows what appears to be a lost video audition for The Jersey Shore (MTV) with said prospective cast member fighting a "woman or ten-year-old boy".

Finally, I believe that throwing one's keys at your assailant is the easiest way to get carjacked and/or prevent you from leaving a potentially dangerous situation (martial arts rule #1), and would in reality have little effect as a distraction.

Unless your keys were made of sand.

So yes, this video is awesome. As in "I am in awe that someone believes a flurry of fists is effective as a self defense measure, and if that fails, throw your keys at their face". Awesome.
                          Last edited by RedMonkey; 6/21/2010 12:37am, .

Comment

okay, on one hand he is right, and on another he is wrong. BJJ is the absolute best thing that ever happened to the ground game and grappling. You need to learn it. You dont need to be a black belt; but you need it. However alot sport juijitsu is pretty impractical on the street. its also pretty damn impractical when your a blue belt and the guy attacking you is any rank higher. thats why you need to cheat. if i was put in an armbar I would bite. If i was in an RNC i would bite or eye gouge,especially if i see his buddies comin to kick my face in or my opponent is clearly better than me ie I couldnt escape. Seriously, real fights are even more violent than mma matches soley because, in a bar fight or street attack, i may go home under a white sheet. and it happens. I dont want that to happen, so ya know what my paradigm is? Get as good at bjj as I can, and then figure out ways that make size skill and strength moot points, because there will always be someone better than you at BJJ, but no one can desensitize there eyes or groin or not pull away as I bite through their limb

Comment

Originally posted by fights4peace View Post
                              \ if i was put in an armbar I would bite. If i was in an RNC i would bite or eye gouge
                              You are what's wrong with martial arts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X