Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TORONTO Throwdown!!! June 2008

I am leaving this open to suggestions.

The Fighting Arts collective is available for a throwdown on a Sat night in June.

I have seen that people would like the event to be held in Kensington. It's all fine by me...I just want a throwdown in June...so do my students.....

So please indicate locations, dates and times...we will give it two weeks and choose an option...ok?

Shawn

Wow, no one's interested any more? I'm down for whenever, just not this weekend.

Comment

hey shawn, read your post in the other thread.

haha, my little brother told me about that. he thought it was pretty weird for some guy he had never met before to walk up to him and say "hey I sparred with your brother".

i have my PhD qualification exam this month so I wont be making it out this time.

Comment

I'm gonna vote for the weekend of the 21st.

And...what's this about Kensington? Downtown Toronto please.

Unless you mean Kensington Market...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkXacreD

Unless you mean Kensington Market...
          Pretty sure that's what he meant.

If it's not accessible by TTC I don't see the point in calling it a Toronto throwdown.

Comment

ok

well i haven't seen anything from east west in Kensington so...

I'm seconding SATURDAY JUNE 21 / 08 6pm @ my place, here is all the info you need:

www.fightingartscollective.com

Lets see how many of us we can get out.

NO FEES

Easy to get to....go to Ossington Station catch the 63 north to Dupont (or walk 8 min north) then walk 3 buildings west.
            Last edited by JKD CENTER; 6/09/2008 8:34am, .

Comment

Welll....

the mma expo http://www.mixedmartialartsexpo.com/ is on that weekend at the International Centre.

So maybe we should look at the following one or something.

Comment

Like I said in the last thread if you guys want to come back to East West the invite is open. As long as it is not a long weekend or something else like that.

Of course there will have to be a fee again, but we do have full mat coverage as well as good summer location right in the market downtown.
                Last edited by bradtacs; 6/09/2008 8:49am, .

Comment

Since I simply don't have the $$$ for MMA expo, I would go to this if it does happen on the 21st, but would expect less of others to show.

Bradtacs, how much would the mat fee be per person at your gym?

Comment

Depends on how many people come out but usually 5 bucks each is plenty.

Comment

Well I've never been to East West so I'm all for that, as well.

Bradtacs: do you know my friend, Shido?

Comment

Well I've never been to East West so I'm all for that, as well.

Bradtacs: do you know my friend, Shido?
                        hmm.. is that their real name or their screen name?

Comment

Both. He told me that he went to a throwdown in Chinatown once (I think around March 2007), that his friend (an arab guy?) was the host of. There were two Russian guys that killed everybody.

Other than that I asked him if his friend knew him as Shido or his legal name, and he said Shido. He's a tall, pale white guy with anime-styled blond hair.

Comment

So are we going for the 21st @ FAC, or another date, east-west, etc.? I'd like to know so I can start planning, inviting people, etc.

Comment

Hmm not sure I can place him...

Both. He told me that he went to a throwdown in Chinatown once (I think around March 2007), that his friend (an arab guy?) was the host of. There were two Russian guys that killed everybody.

Other than that I asked him if his friend knew him as Shido or his legal name, and he said Shido. He's a tall, pale white guy with anime-styled blond hair.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X