Throwdown at The JKD Center / Fighting Arts Collective Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I will continue posting my recommendation until the posting of throwdown videos ceases to result in tears.
    You do realize your insistence on not showing up makes your comments hypocritical.

Comment

Originally posted by Shuma-Gorath
      I will continue posting my recommendation until the posting of throwdown videos ceases to result in tears.
      Hmmmm, going to a throwdown would be a waste of your time. Gotcha. Lurking about in throwdown threads, breathlessly waiting for the opportunity to post "Go to clazz, loserz", then reviewing throwdown videos, is this not also a waste of your monumentally important time?

Comment

Yeah getting angry at people talking shit is pointless. I try and moderate my use of these forums to avoid the stupid arguments I always seem to get into.

Must've fallen off the wagon.

Comment

So anyone else coming to fight?

All this talk just agitates me...now fighting, there's something that excites me.

We got tons of folk invited from the JKD Family, I'm hoping for some good attendance. Got some Lai Tai guys coming too, fighters from The Toronto Wing Chun Academy. Got this really cute little peruvian walking door to door to martial arts schools in the area telling them to bring out their fighters.

So seriously, given the option, this is what we wanna be talking bout...yes?!

Comment

Argh....Why is this on Mother's Day?

Comment

Is this open to anyone in the Toronto area?

Comment

I'll try to go - but I don't think i can make it up to Toronto on Sunday.

Comment

Yes it is open to anyone who want's to come.

My only consideration is attitude.

;)

Comment

I'm not going to be able to make it this time. Sounds like it is going to be another good one too.

Comment

Won't be making it either, was waiting until today to see how I felt, but have some pulled leg muscles.

Vids please!

Comment

Hey everyone...

It was another great throwdown, though only three schools were represented, (JKD WC Hapkido), we had a great time.

Started out with stick fighting, some of which went to the ground. Then the kick boxing, look out for my new shin pads, the racing stripes made em 10% faster. Finally we did some grappling and some staff fighting.

I was disapointed that we didn't have the fighters from the last throwdown, but, i figure that had more to do with the date of the event than the fighters...so...lets set a new date. Something soon that won't interfere with the NY migration.

Sugestions? It's gonna be a Sat or Sunday night, so offer up some dates people.

ps the vids will be up soonish.

Comment

I take it my boy Drew made it out from East West?

Comment

I find evening on weekends to be rather difficult.

And not to knock the JKD Centre in any way possible but the afternoon sessions at East West Hapkido worked out better for me (- big deal I am only one guy)

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Well I am back training again so of course if you guys want to come back I am sure we can work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bradtacs
                                Well I am back training again so of course if you guys want to come back I am sure we can work it out.

Kensington market in the summer followed by Corona's and chiken tsinga's at the Mexican place FTW!!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X