Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Throwdown 15: Let's Make it Happen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Chicago Throwdown 15: Let's Make it Happen

    Let's start talking times and dates.

    #2
    I think I've expressed my interest enough, but just for the record: I'm down. Also times and dates don't really matter for me, long as it's not the same day as naga (sat. may 24th).

    Comment


      #3
      After this weekend, I'm in town every weekend in April.

      Comment


        #4
        I could drive up from Indiana. I can't do it the weekends near the NAGA since i will be out west. Where would it be at?

        Comment


          #5
          I'm trying to figure out location. My school has an open mat for anyone who wants to in the late morning/early afternoon, but it's for grappling. I'll see if the instructor is cool with keeping the school open a little later for a mat fee or something.

          Otherwise, we had good luck with Gracie Barra at the last throwdown.

          Comment


            #6
            That would be cool. Come for the grappling stay for the beatings.

            Comment


              #7
              Is this still going to happen? Sometime in June?

              Comment


                #8
                June's a possibility. What days work?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Saturdays would probably be best for me. I am not exactly sure which one though. I have some family visiting at some point, but i don't have my calendar with me, so i don't know the dates.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Judah Maccabee
                    I'm trying to figure out location. My school has an open mat for anyone who wants to in the late morning/early afternoon, but it's for grappling. I'll see if the instructor is cool with keeping the school open a little later for a mat fee or something.

                    Otherwise, we had good luck with Gracie Barra at the last throwdown.
                    hey. just a few questions...

                    just curious, which location was the last throwdown at? and when was it?

                    i'm at the Gracie Barra up in Lincoln Square.

                    the usual procedures apply. we have open mat after 2pm on saturdays (which appears to be everyone's optimal day), but they've been pushing to close up after an hour. and it's primarily grappling going on.

                    if anyone has any other suggestions, as well as definite times and dates, i'd love to take part in a throwdown.

                    also, what gym do you train at Judah?
                    Last edited by strikesubmit; 5/30/2008 1:27pm, .

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The last throwdown was at Gracie Barra on Lincoln. Where you train.

                      I train at Newbreed Academy in Skokie.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Judah Maccabee
                        The last throwdown was at Gracie Barra on Lincoln. Where you train.

                        I train at Newbreed Academy in Skokie.
                        no shit!

                        i have no idea how i missed something like this...unless it was one of the weekends i decided to be a lazy-ass.

                        and yeah i know a couple guys that train with you (you guys moved from your Evanston location right?)

                        finally, how was NAGA? New Breed tends to clean up at those 'round these parts....

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The last throwdown was in 2006. :p

                          I probably know some of the guys you know, but I don't make it there as often as before, and don't know everyone's name.

                          From what I hear, we rocked NAGA in a bunch of divisions, promoted a couple of people, but the team results are not yet out: http://nagafighter.com/illinois05-08_results_main.asp

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Judah Maccabee
                            The last throwdown was in 2006. :p

                            I probably know some of the guys you know, but I don't make it there as often as before, and don't know everyone's name.

                            From what I hear, we rocked NAGA in a bunch of divisions, promoted a couple of people, but the team results are not yet out: http://nagafighter.com/illinois05-08_results_main.asp
                            aye. i see Newbreed top the charts for just about every grappling tournament here. you guys are definately doing something right.

                            i would've loved to compete in this past NAGA (would have been my very first grappling tournament), but i popped my knee a little over a month ago while rolling.

                            pesky training injuries are not condusive towards progress.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Team Curran did some wailing of their own. I should have competed but a good friend of mine turned 21 the day before and I decided not to compete hung over.

                              Let's shoot for august for the TD? I can't believe there's so few interested, I thought there were more bullies in the chicago area.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X