Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there.

Comment

I expect to be in town all of May, so definitely. C'mon, Cache! It'd be a pleasure to meet you.
      do, but take refuge in theory and talk

Comment

I'll be there.
        Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
        and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        As far as possible, without surrender,
        be on good terms with all persons.
        Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
        and listen to others,
        even to the dull and ignorant;
        they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Comment

Looking forward to it.
          Locu5
          combat sports hobbyist

Comment

I will attend barring unforeseen weirdness.
            And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

I will show up to bang hammers and shit provided I don't get injured, have to work, or have to fly home.

If I get injured, I will show up, but I won't be banging hammers.

If I have to work... you know what, my job can suck it.

If I have to fly home ... I'll be out.

So there is an 80% chance of The Question showing up and banging shit. Yes. Sign me up. Sign me up.

Anytime in May is fine. Yes.
              Originally posted by Goju - joe
              being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

just want to make some points:

1) it's a 3 day weekend for the americans, as we we mostly get that monday off.

2) the fight house is usually hard to get on saturdays as there are a lot of regular classes going on. sundays are pretty easy to book, and that's why we don't have throwdowns on saturdays.

3) i may be able to get my school (across the street from fighthouse) which is much smaller than fight house with minimal mat space for some seminars the day before, if omega or anyone else wants to give them. the problem is that we really can't handle more than 20 people working out at once in our space.

4) if anyone else has a larger space we can use, they should post here about it.

5) hotels are really expensive in nyc, so people may not want to spend 3 nights here.

so, we need to figure out if we want to throw down on saturday or sunday. the availability of the space may make this choice very simple.

we need to decide if we want to organize seminar(s) and if so, where to host them.

based on these choices, people will have to decide on flying in friday or saturday and leaving sunday or monday.
                "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

It sounds like it'll be lovely. I plan on bringing the Earl Grey tea.

Comment

Vinh & can show you some choice drinking spots.

We should over run KTown. Poor fools won't know what hit 'em.

Comment

... jesus 4 am brawl, what what?

Comment

I can also put up a couple of people at my place. Its a short train ride to the fight-house.

Oh and a resounding yes to blazing K-Town. But I ain't eating there. Bad memories and all that.
                        Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
                        and remember what peace there may be in silence.
                        As far as possible, without surrender,
                        be on good terms with all persons.
                        Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
                        and listen to others,
                        even to the dull and ignorant;
                        they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Comment

Dude, last time it was just you & me against a horde of 'em...imagine all of us...

Comment

you realize that the nypd doesnt like riots right?

Comment

I know a guy.

Comment

unless you know bloomberg...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X