Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Mega Throwdown NYC Pre-Planning Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    If I can get Anthony to fly to Southern Indiana first...Mrs. Praxx and I will hide in his luggage and sleep under his bed. You won't even realize we're there.
    One of these days I'm gonna come and visit. How close are you to Iowa?
    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

    Comment


      Far Far away...we should be going to Des Moines for the Muay Thai Tournament again this year though.
      Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

      Originally posted by Dilbert
      "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

      Comment


        Originally posted by bobyclumsyninja
        The dark haired wide guy with the chest tat who crushed my face? he was very good.

        I sucked it up, I hate the firebus...this time, it's the day before for me. GIve me time to eat, sleep and not be crampy. (uh)

        This time I'll have a four shot mocha right before I start, and let you all deal with my retard strength (which would add up to about 1/4 or your casual strength..but still) :ingun:

        ...I am the dark haired wide guy with the chest tat LoL :lurk:
        :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

        Christmas Tag Wishlist:


        Comment


          Need to know please. I'll make it really big and obnoxious so it gets answered.

          What airport to fly in too, and where the school is, and if possible, what lodgings close to the school.

          Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
          "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

          Comment


            27th and 6th is fighthhouse.

            i would fly into laguardia.

            Comment


              Fly into whatever airport you can get the best deal on. Laguardia is closest and will probably be about a $20-$30 cab ride, but Newark actually has convenient access to NYC via public transport which will drop you at Penn Station (about a 5 minute walk to fighthouse). JFK is a haul, but if you can get a better deal, go for it.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Pandinha
                Need to know please. I'll make it really big and obnoxious so it gets answered.

                What airport to fly in too, and where the school is, and if possible, what lodgings close to the school.

                The school is a block or two from NY Penn Station. So you might save some cash on the plane ticket by flying into the Newark airport; it's directly on a NJ transit train line that you can take direct to NY Penn. I'd recommend using kayak.com and seeing which airports in the area have the best ticket prices for the time period.
                Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mojo23
                  Fly into whatever airport you can get the best deal on. Laguardia is closest and will probably be about a $20-$30 cab ride, but Newark actually has convenient access to NYC via public transport which will drop you at Penn Station (about a 5 minute walk to fighthouse). JFK is a haul, but if you can get a better deal, go for it.
                  QFT

                  the difference in cab fares is going to be $30-$40 max, so take that into account when choosing an airport to fly into.

                  the fighthouse is pretty close to midtown, so the available hotels are too numerous to list. there were some good suggestions earlier in the thread, but that depends on how you want to roll. this is new york fucking city after all, and if you have the loot for a pimped out hotel, we have plenty of options for that.

                  i would suggest something midtown-west, so you can walk to fighthouse.

                  p.s. i shouldn't have to say this, but what the hell: do NOT accept a ride from the shady guys hanging out at the luggage area asking if you need a cab. go directly to the taxi stand.
                  "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                  "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                  "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                  "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

                  Comment


                    ... and if u do live i n a pimped out hotel, give me heads up so i can visit.

                    my room is 10 by 10 and it's a studio. i want to see spacious accomodations.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by vinhthekid
                      ... and if u do live i n a pimped out hotel, give me heads up so i can visit.

                      my room is 10 by 10 and it's a studio. i want to see spacious accomodations.
                      Hey vinh! Long time no see
                      :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

                      Christmas Tag Wishlist:


                      Comment


                        Originally posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
                        ...I am the dark haired wide guy with the chest tat LoL :lurk:
                        ah, you were very good..thanks for smiting me. I saw you do teh mma sparring, very nice also.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by bobyclumsyninja
                          ah, you were very good..thanks for smiting me. I saw you do teh mma sparring, very nice also.
                          Captain Kirk?? Come on...this is ridiculous.

                          I really didn't think I did that well...I spent too much time being defensive and not enough time really doing anything. And I lost to an armbar in the end...all in all I thought I sucked. Although I did enjoy the muay thai sanda at the end LoL.

                          Are you coming down to the TD? Btw...if you're in Boston and this is St. Patty's day.......WHY AREN'T YOU OUT DRINKING?!!?!

                          /
                          Does anyone know anything about the Gracie School in NYC by any chance?
                          :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

                          Christmas Tag Wishlist:


                          Comment


                            Btw...is anyone willing to help me get my fist at the TD? (No...I'm not asking for you guys to fist me...although I'll try anything once....maybe twice....oh what the hell fist me all you want....)
                            :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

                            Christmas Tag Wishlist:


                            Comment


                              What about it?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
                                Btw...is anyone willing to help me get my fist at the TD? (No...I'm not asking for you guys to fist me...although I'll try anything once....maybe twice....oh what the hell fist me all you want....)
                                I'm sure there will be many, many people willing to assrape... er... I mean help you get your TD fist. I have been considering sparring MMA myself, however, I'm a total noob to both MT and BJJ (mostly an arnis guy).

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X