Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E-Van
    PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
    lol, arent we excited. should be able to get a couple things up tomorrow. should we create a separate thread for this?

btw, thanks everyone that came. we had quite a diverse set of activities that day and once again a very good crowd of folks. from grappling, to sparring and even weapons sparring. great to meet everyone new and see a bunch of you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahuyuddha
      Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. Hope the family situation wasn't caused by all those pics of Sandra Bullock that you posted in the LLL thread. Maybe see you at the next TD.

I'm flattered, but I can't take credit for organizing this really. Thanks should go to Awakenedstream for setting up the location, and DTT for providing the beatdown motivation.
      yeah, thanks for getting my ass BUSTED!! j/k

To everybody, nicely done and I hope to make the next one. Later in May/June?

Comment

Im still just bummed out I missed this one.. second one in a row I have missed.

Comment

=/ yeah i thought i separated my shoulder the day before so i decided to stay at home. *sigh* turns out just a pulled ligament or something. need to stop rolling with people 100 pounds heavier than me..or just get better at not getting smashed.

Comment

I stayed out due to injuries too, although they have almost healed. I just don't want to re-injure them (the way I usually do when I go back to training too soon).

Comment

suck it up and train!

Comment

Originally posted by E-Van
                suck it up and train!
                Yeah, yeah, I know.

In truth, I have been training. I've just been avoiding the activities that target my injuries. I don't go to the Muay Thai group class; I've been mostly training on my own, doing bag work, and PT to strengthen the muscles around my injured joints (a hip flexor strain and an old knee injury, both feeling much better, and a really sore rib).

Like a fool, I sparred a little last week. I guess I figured it would be a good idea to brush up a bit before the throwdown, since I had taken so much time off from sparring to heal. I let my sparring partners know that I was taking it easy while recovering from injuries. Most of them respected that, but it set me back a bit. That's mainly why I didn't want to spar during the TD. Not that I don't trust you guys to go easy on me. I just figured most people come to a TD to spar a little bit harder than I would have been willing to do before I'm completely healed.

I have also started training jiu-jitsu, so hopefully by the next TD I'll be in shape enough to roll with some people who don't mind a total noob.

Looking forward to the pics and video from this weekend.

Comment

here is some uncut video i got, better will come later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc6nzmvyj80

Comment

Damn. I'm sorry I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahuyuddha
                      Yeah, yeah, I know.

In truth, I have been training. I've just been avoiding the activities that target my injuries. I don't go to the Muay Thai group class; I've been mostly training on my own, doing bag work, and PT to strengthen the muscles around my injured joints (a hip flexor strain and an old knee injury, both feeling much better, and a really sore rib).

Like a fool, I sparred a little last week. I guess I figured it would be a good idea to brush up a bit before the throwdown, since I had taken so much time off from sparring to heal. I let my sparring partners know that I was taking it easy while recovering from injuries. Most of them respected that, but it set me back a bit. That's mainly why I didn't want to spar during the TD. Not that I don't trust you guys to go easy on me. I just figured most people come to a TD to spar a little bit harder than I would have been willing to do before I'm completely healed.

I have also started training jiu-jitsu, so hopefully by the next TD I'll be in shape enough to roll with some people who don't mind a total noob.

Looking forward to the pics and video from this weekend.
                      Just giving you a hard time. A big guy at my dojo broke his pinkie toe sparring a few months ago.. that gentle giant took like 2 months off for that injury and did only lite training. God we gave him a hard time.

Comment

Ir really did turn out great. Jackrusher needs a icon or something, he traveled about as far as you can go in continental USA. Switchblade showed up with his crew and we had a good Escrima sparring in armor.

I was just getting ready for class and I found someones gloves in my pile of gear. Who ever is missing some gloves let me know and I will get them to you. I must have scooped them up in my Escrima Armor pile, the Velcro was stuck to my stuff.

I got video but a lot of it got blocked by other people who stood in front of the camera or who where also sparring in the line of sight. I will get some stuff up soon, but I have a lot of School work due and I would rather be painting my 40k army then reading and typing right now.......
                        Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 4/10/2008 6:38pm, .

Comment

I don't know what made it onto video -- and I suspect that DTT and I have different ideas about what happened in most of the striking exchanges -- but I want to say to his credit that he's stronger than he looks, and that he caught me with a sweet little hip toss at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
                            and I would rather be painting my 40k army then reading and typing right now.......

teh winnah!!

Comment

I have 3000 points of tau looking at me with beady little lenses right now, ashamed of their grayness.

The want to know how they will deal with the enemy if he is painted and they aren't

I tell them new uniforms don't just grow on trees but they say "We are tiny spacemen and your excuses are painful to hear."
                              Last edited by JohnnyCache; 4/11/2008 3:07am, .

Comment

The chun is forgivable. But 40K? Man that is alot to ask.

Now I've got to get back to painting my dwarves.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X