South Texas Meet up/Beat Up Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Meet up/Beat Up Anyone?

Alright you South Texas Bullies, this has gone on long enough. Who is interested in a South Texas TD?

We could have it in Corpus, Austin, San Antonio, or Houston; which place would be the most convint for everyone?

I was thinking around mid-October, but sooner or later would work too.

So who's interested? Roll call!

So it occured to me to add a couple of notes here,

Interested parties chime in with the location you're okay with, and the date that works for you,

I will keep a running attendance and tally at my work computer (it's faster) and we'll nail down a location and date as it gets closer.

Comment

Hey, man...how are things with Patterson?

I might try to make this one, just for kicks!

Comment

Can this wait a few weeks, until the thing with me and Kikkoman is done?

Comment

Austin would be a good place for me, actually. Although when you said South Texas I thought you meant the Rio Grande Valley area. Austin, Houston and the like are more like Central Texas.

Comment

I'm in depending on the date. Austin, Houston, or San Antonio are fine with me, Mid and October is good for me although early October tends to be better.

Comment

Texas is too damn big. I thought this might be a good reason to come out of lurking, but then I realized how far away all those places are from Lubbock. :p Oh, well, at least this will kill my 'post moar' message for a few more weeks.

Comment

I'm down for austin

Comment

If I'm not busy I might be able to make it. I'm a few hours from houston.

Comment

Mid-October in Austin would be great for me. I know there are quite a few Bullies here so, ATX may be a great place for it.

Comment

Well, hello there.
                      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

/nerd on

Lubbock is the home town of X-men villain the Blob.

/nerd off

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
                          Hey, man...how are things with Patterson?

I might try to make this one, just for kicks!
                          Hey Andy, things are good. I just started back to class last week due to the wife being sick and then me getting sick. I am going to try and go fight in the Armed Forces open Pankration next March, so I am training for that.

Whats up with you? It'd be cool if you could come down.

Can this wait a few weeks, until the thing with me and Kikkoman is done?
                          Hedge- I was thinking mid Oct, is that still too soon?

Comment

Man, I'm going to give you a friendly warning about Austin, and you can choose to listen to me or not. If you're doing it in Austin then bear in mind that most of the cops in Austin are asshole jack-boot trigger-happy headkickers, so you might want to consider doing your spar in a private area, so the local yuppies don't accuse you of "desturbing the peace". Although, if you were planning on doing it in Houston then there's a much wider variety of locations that you can rent out for sparring. I think it's great that you're holding a spar in Southern Texas, keep up the good work!

Comment

Did you just say not to go to Austin because of the cops, and then reccomend holding the Throwdon(sans Bobby flay) in the city that has the most corrupt police force in texas? My mind is boggled. Anywho, the problem you describe is really limited to williamson county police dept for the most part, and my kali group has full-contact real stick sparred in public places several times with no issue. Further, there are a number of venues we could get in Austin for small matt fees(Bruces KO gym, i'm sure Larry st clair or leslie buck would be accomodating as well), so there's very little need for us holding this outdoors.

How many people will be likely to want to include some form of weapon sparring? (stick, knife, kendo, fencing, whatever)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X