Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Throwdown

I am, per a Moderator's advice, starting a new thread here:

A "Phoenix Sword and Fist Throwdown" thread started two years ago, but seems to have petered out after awhile.

A couple people have pinged that thread lately, and each one seems to have a friend or two, so there's potential.

None of us live in Phoenix, so here is a new more general thread. I've heard Tucson three times, Gilbert once and there was Casa Grande in an older post, plus I know there still has to be some people in the greater Phoenix area, so there should be enough folks around to make something work.

Realistically, I think late Spring would be the earliest to set up anything formal, after mid-summer we loose oldtyger and probably momentum in general. Agree?

If you are in the area, or might roll to the area, please put in your two cents worth.

I vote Tucson. At the Kodenkan Hombu on broadway and pantano.

Comment

I vote in the park. By the swingset. At dawn... or somewhere within an hours drive from Gilbert.

Comment

Both excellent choices!

I am actually live about 400 yards (straight line) from Kodenkan Eastside-- do you train there also?

On the other hand, the sun coming up over the monkey bars, lonely cry of the sandhill crane-- the park has potential too.

Who else lurks in the Grande Canyon State . . . ?

Comment

Originally posted by metarat
          Both excellent choices!

I am actually live about 400 yards (straight line) from Kodenkan Eastside-- do you train there also?

On the other hand, the sun coming up over the monkey bars, lonely cry of the sandhill crane-- the park has potential too.

Who else lurks in the Grande Canyon State . . . ?
          I train there on saturdays from time to time but its a 40 minute drive from me so i mostly just go to the campbell branch.

Comment

Is this thread still alive?
            Lets get it going again.
            Wheather's hot, blood's boiling, nothing cools you off like a fight! How about we set something up The first weekend in SATURDAY, Sept. 29th at 10:00 PM.

Comment

I'm in Tucson, and if possible, will gladly show up to get my ass handed to me.

Comment

Nobody will do it until somebody does .

Read the stickies in the throwdown section and ask any questions unanswered on this thread or PM a Team Leader .

Come on !

I want video and pictures damn it .

Comment

Could be interesting. I suppose a place is first. Not from Tucson, so I dont know any place available.

Comment

Axleton appears to be hooked up with the Kodenkan folks, so first step may be to re-suck-up to him; he was game before the summer heat made us all scurry under our rocks here.

What side of town are you on, Beer-san? I have heard of this 'Way of the Rex' . . .

I am actually going away for a fabulous paid vacation, to a little slice of heaven called Glynco, GA, mid september thru first week of october. I will be game after that, as your federal gubbermint will have taught me th3 r34l d34dly skilz.

Comment

I live in Tempe, AZ. Kodenkai sounds good (whatever that is). As long as there arent any huge attitudes or things to prove (other than we can "hold our own" against another martial artist). Since metarat is going to do some hardcore Postal training (far more intense than any Krav Maga BS anyday), he can be the champion in the November event (if we get that far).
                      Gameplan: Bug Axleton untill he regrets ever volunteering the Kodenkai place!

Comment

Wish I was still in the area I grew up on 33 street and Madison in Phoenix. You guys should get together it will help you all with your skills. They used to call me Chuky I spent time in meadows unit in Florence. TD can be very helpful and a hell of alot of fun. Wish I was back in Phoenix maybe I will open a shop there one day and I con come to one of your TD till later peace out.

Comment

Originally posted by seriousmantid
                          Wish I was still in the area I grew up on 33 street and Madison in Phoenix. You guys should get together it will help you all with your skills. They used to call me Chuky I spent time in meadows unit in Florence. TD can be very helpful and a hell of alot of fun. Wish I was back in Phoenix maybe I will open a shop there one day and I con come to one of your TD till later peace out.
                          :director:

You better learn to throw some hands first Mantid , speaking of throwing man Leere fucked my rib on that last hip throw .

On Topic

punch each other .

Comment

Sorry I will be in mountain training for the next 5 years, practicing chi sao on bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                              :director:

You better learn to throw some hands first Mantid , speaking of throwing man Leere fucked my rib on that last hip throw .

On Topic

punch each other .
                              You would have one hell of a time trying to throw hands with me backfistmonkey not meaning any disrespect I just fight totally different than you do and believe me when I tell you that . Did not mean to flake on the last TD but you will soon see the full flow of my chi. I will show you yet ha ha ha ha. I bought me an ankle brace for the next time so should have no problems and have got some new ankle exercises from my teacher to help strengthen them.

Now where is this thing going to be I will tell my cousin he lives in tempe also and I think he might be interested.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X