This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullshido's "UltraMega Throwdown" 2007 Planning and Discussion Thread

So it's looking like we're going to hold this shindig (hmm... that's a good "American" Jujitsu name for the gogoplata...) in Atlanta on Memorial Day weekend like we did in 2005.

Still need a venue, and still need to make arrangements, but this is far enough out that we can make all of this come together.

New proposed ideas for this:

1. You have to be a registered member to participate in the sparring. Last time there we had a ton of people and I had no idea who the hell they were. Plus Asia was suplexing too many minors and I'm sure that's considered a sex crime in some states.

2. We might do an informal tournament format for the sparring to cut down on time. Not decided on this, but it could allow for more efficient use of the mat time.

So let's discuss. I'd like to see as many people as possible show up to this one since it's our 5 year anniversary.

I'm probably gonna still be beat up from my fight on the 12th.

I'll bring guns.

Ant
    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

I will be there.

I'm happy to do a tournament thing to. Or I can referee, if you prefer...I'm pretty good at that.
      And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

If my parents house is built by then, I'll definitely be attending.

Free room and board you know.

Comment

When's Memeorial day weekend? I could probably make it either way, if my piece of shit for a car can hold out for that long. I'll definitely try.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
          King, and lord of sin and pride
          With some mist his wits make dark.
          He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

For Date disfunctional people like me Memorial day 2007 is May 28th. So the weekend is May 26,27,28th. I am currently reserving that day for throwdownness. I will be there.
            sigpic

Comment

that's pretty soon for me, I'm taking a bunch of time off in march :(

I'd like to make it though...

Comment

Anyone that needs a place to crash on the cheap can sleep in my living room.

Comment

Way too far away from civilization

Comment

I'll also happily drive people around. but I only have room for like 2 more people in my car, three if they're small

Comment

I actually have leave that weekend, but already made plans to be with my family.
                      "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

is there a bus or anything a person could take around?

Comment

Atlanta has a pretty solidly active public transport system.

Comment

I don't know I really want to meet all you yay-hoos in real life but 500 bucks to fly down there is 500 bucks I don't have.

Comment

I could do this if flights tickets are like $500, Atlanta.
                              If I could crash somewhere that would be cool. I can't wait to show my facial blocking style! :happy6:

Originally posted by Kintanon
                              For Date disfunctional people like me Memorial day 2007 is May 28th. So the weekend is May 26,27,28th. I am currently reserving that day for throwdownness. I will be there.
                              Who the hell says 'disfunctional'?
                              Keep in mind Memorial Day is an American thing. Canadians have Rememberance Day.
                              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X