Toronto Throwdown Winter 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HearWa
    I'm new to grappling but if anyone wants to pwn a noob I'm going to try and make my way there. I'm closer to YorkU (that's where I train), how far is UofT from there and will it take me forever on the TTC?
    Since you're looking for actual training you can come to my BJJ class, which is now closer than ever to where you'd be wasting your time with the throwdown anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Shuma-Gorath
      Since you're looking for actual training you can come to my BJJ class, which is now closer than ever to where you'd be wasting your time with the throwdown anyway!
      have you been to a throwdown? you and your mouth were flapping last time everyone was thinking of getting together. why dont you think outside of rolling around on the ground all the time and come and try something different.

Comment

Shuma - stop trolling the thread you punk. If you don't want to bring your ass to a TD and man up then screw off.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
          Well someone did!

I don't care who it is.

I am not falling for it again!!!
          Hey GoJu it was me... with a little butterfly for added effect....

I'm interested and am pretty much free for when ever. I have a couple of busted toes but they are pretty much healed and I need to get back into it.

Shuma are you the same guy that started the open sparring at U of T and The BJJ club?

Comment

I unmade throwdowns; remember?

Comment

I unmade throwdowns; remember?
              Throwdowns ARE whatever the members in attendance make of them.

Comment

Originally posted by shovel
                Hey GoJu it was me... with a little butterfly for added effect....

**shakes fist - no wait - shakes ankle at Shovel**

Comment

I do go to classes, at YorkU. So you don't go to throwdowns?

Comment

Originally posted by HearWa
                    . So you don't go to throwdowns?

No. Shuma just rolls on the ground and annoys people.

Comment

Shuma used to go to throwdowns.
                      At some point he turned against them

Comment

Originally posted by OZZ
                        No. Shuma just rolls on the ground and annoys people.
                        AKA: gets choked out and neg reps as revenge

Comment

*Ahem*

So, do we have a date set? Having it on a saturday or a sunday is preferable for me.

Comment

end of febuary, anytime in march works for me. saturday would be the best then we could go get all messy in the big city of toronto after.

Comment

I wanted to go to the last one, but I hadn't started training at all and I didn't want to go just to watch. I just started BJJ recently (as in, tonight is my second class) so I might check this one out. Hell, I'm not even a white belt yet ;).

I have a couple of friends who might want to come too that have some MA experience (and have shown interest in the forum), but it depends on if they want to actually throwdown.

PS: Also looking for any reccomendations as to schools in the area. I did my first BJJ class at Toronto BJJ and was really pleased with this gym, but I'm still curious as to who's out there. I know there's KombatArts and another one in Mississauga, but those are the only ones I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Govithoy
                                PS: Also looking for any reccomendations as to schools in the area. I did my first BJJ class at Toronto BJJ and was really pleased with this gym, but I'm still curious as to who's out there. I know there's KombatArts and another one in Mississauga, but those are the only ones I know of.
                                www.shahfrancomartialarts.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X