No announcement yet.

Toronto throwdown???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we knoe if anyone is bringing mats, I would rather grapple than spar as I need to protect my pretty face

Comment

good question! would hate to see people have to tap to the d3adly "carpet burn"!!!

Comment

Quick reminder

Toronto Bullshido McThrowdown: Oct 1, 2006

Between Dufferin and Bathurst on St. Clair Ave. W.

Time: 2:30pm sharp. Lasts usually 2-3 hours, leave whenever.

Location Description: Very spacious, clean, well lit, well aerated, good change rooms with showers. It is carpeted.

Equipment: If anyone has mats they could bring that would be really sweet. Bring your own gloves, shin guards, head gear, mouth pieces, jock straps, lube, water bottles, shorts, gis, ballerina shoes, towels, pads, focus mitts, camo paint.

Events: Kickboxing sparring, grappling sparring. Choose your dance partners, choose your contact level. Go for food afterwards if there is anything good nearby.

If you haven't yet, please confirm your attendance ASAP with me via email, pm or post.

Feel free to PM me for my cell.
        Piz Doff

Comment

Now here's what you should all be doing instead:

BJJ Class: Sunday Oct 1st

South of Dundas St. W. off McCaul

Time: 2:00pm sharp. Lasts 2 hours. Arrive early for warm-up.

Location Description: Very spacious, clean, well lit, well aerated, good change rooms with showers. Large section of tatame mats.

Equipment: Gi (or workout clothes if you don't own one), cup recommended.

Events: Instructional BJJ class with self-defence, basic technique drilling and rolling.

Price: Special Bullshido drop-in fee of $15. Make sure you tell me you skipped the throwdown to come to the class.
          Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 9/30/2006 8:27am, .

Comment

Oh yeah, parking in back!

Comment

I was thinking of joining the UT BJJ club actually...

Comment

Well that was fun!!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around and have a beer or two afterwards (snap!)

But I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Kudos to Azralex and Pizdof

Pizdof please let us all know how the leg is? That was (as my 13 year old would say) a SICK! sound. One tough dude, if that was me and my leg I would be crying and swearing for hours.

Also Kudos to all the boys who came down from London.

Hopefully now that the ice has been broken, and we got to punch each other in the nose - some more than others ;) (crazy kung fu guys represent!)

We can have another one in February / March ? (Closer to the time I'll see if I can arrange some space)

And this time maybe we can demonstrate some more stuff from every ones style, the Systema stuff was neat and I would have like to have learned more about short fist.

Anyways good work everyone! It was a pleasure meeting you all.

Comment

It was a great time, but I would have preferred softer mats for takedowns and stuff. Doing standup and wrestling is always fun though.

I hope Pizdoff's leg is ok. I didn't hear the sound but my wife told me it was a real bad sound...

The Short Fist guys had some great standup, would like to spar with them again.

Comment

Hopefully next time I'll see if the poeple at my Goju-jitsu dojo would let me rent it for a sunday.

Also I think we need to clarify how we do striking. Hard contact only for those with boxing / muay thai/ savate or whatever gloves, head gear, mouth gaurd and shin gaurds.

MMA glove sparring I think should be limited to light open hand strikes to the head- forhead side of the head, but closed fist to the body. Thus avoiding the nice couple of hard punches to the mouth I saw.

We're there for a few hours no need to brutalize each other right away.

Still ggod times. Got a nice lump on my leg.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
                      Also I think we need to clarify how we do striking. Hard contact only for those with boxing / muay thai/ savate or whatever gloves, head gear, mouth gaurd and shin gaurds.leg.
                      yeah, i was thinking the same, we're all there to have fun, learn a few things, and get along....lets minimize the black eyes or whatever else - people have jobs to go to the next day, won't be pretty....
                      having said that, its not like systema uses any equipment.....so i guess its not an area i can argue too strongly

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
                      Still ggod times. Got a nice lump on my leg.
                      was that from PD's cut kicks? i saw quite a few land on ya

Comment

Unfortunate that things had to end on a bit of a sour note with Pizdoff's injury. Dude, that was a wicked cracking sound. You were tough to take it as well as you did.
                        Thanks for the sparring GE. Sorry about the nose. When you came back with that high kick it reminded me to be wary when facing guys from other styles - the guys I spar with at home don't throw many kicks to the head.
                        Anyways, nice to meet some people. Thanks to AzraelX and others who put this together. I hope Pizdoff is okay.

Comment

what was the preliminary assessment on PD's leg? fracture? worse?
                          hmm...what ended up happening? did someone take him to the hospiltal?

Comment

Goju -jo took him to the hospital.

Comment

i c, thanx for steppin up goju

Comment

I actually just got him a bottle of malt liquor and dumped him on the side of the road

J/K

Took him to North York General, probably still waiting there. He had someone coming. It sounded like a crack to me, hopefully it's just a hairline fracture.

Originally posted by HANKtheTANK
                                yeah, i was thinking the same, we're all there to have fun, learn a few things, and get along....lets minimize the black eyes or whatever else - people have jobs to go to the next day, won't be pretty....
                                having said that, its not like systema uses any equipment.....so i guess its not an area i can argue too strongly
                                Yes but after watching the "smack each other in the face" conditioning exercise my evaluation is that you guys are NUTS! :) (just kidding)

Originally posted by HANKtheTANK
                                was that from PD's cut kicks? i saw quite a few land on ya
                                Yes having him cut kick me repeatedly was part of my clever plan to weaken his legs. Obviously it worked brilliantly!

Seriously though I kept thinking to my self "ok next time I'll check that Kick" then he would just kick me again and I would fail to check it. sigh :(

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X