Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago Throwdown X

Plain and simple: Chicago Fitplex on La Salle near Division. March 25th

We've been having bad turnout with Sundays. Would a Saturday afternoon time work better for people?

I definatly can not go to that one. I have to work a college lan party (set, run the competitions, clean up) from noon till midnight. :-( I really want to go to one of these but shit keeps geting in the way.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

The 25th is fine with me. I'll be there.

Comment

A sunday date is still possible.

Comment

Springish/Early Summerish I will have a place to crash and ride up to Chicago . It looks like it will be a three day trip over the a weekend. I will keep an eye on the Chicago Throwdowns and try to schedual so something lines up .

As for the 25th ... no way in hell :eusa_doh: it is gonna happen with this Primate ... no matter how much I want to punch Chicago-ites .
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai Steve
            A sunday date is still possible.
            Saturdays are best for me, just not that saturday. The videogame geeks suck me in as i'm the only staff member who will sponsor their group and setup the servers.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Actually, scratch me for the 25th...I just now realized that it's the Saturday rather than the Sunday of that weekend and I'll still be in New Hampshire at that point.

Perhaps we should consider rescheduling...

Comment

Well, this tells me that Sunday the 26th or Saturday April 1 are the best dates.

Either is good for me.

Comment

My flight touches down at Midway at 12:35pm on the 26th, so depending on the Orange Line, I'd probably be able to make it on the 26th.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town the following two weekends for quiz bowl nationals (go ahead and laugh) so April 1/2 and April 7/8 are no good for me. I should be more or less free on weekends from that point on, if you guys are willing to push the date that far into the future.

Can it really be that of the 13,000 registered members of the Bullshido forums, only five are interested in a Chicago Throwdown? The Chicago metropolitan area has a population of about 9 million, which is approximately 3% of the population of the US. Even if we assume that only half of the registered members are from the US, an even geographical distribution of those 6500 American Bullshidoka would suggest that 0.03 * 6500 = 195 registered members are in the Chicago area.

Where the hell are the other 190 of us?

EDIT: Also, Steve - any luck on getting the vids from the previous throwdowns hosted?
                    Last edited by nerveasian; 3/13/2006 2:17pm, .

Comment

So, if we want to do it this month, Sunday the 26th is probably the best option.

Comment

We can move it back to the 5th.

NA: I'll try to get the vids hosted, but I have been crazy busy at the moment.

Comment

The 5th as in a wedsday? Or am I misunderstanding?

Comment

2nd.

April 2nd.

Comment

I train all the time normally, so going a few hours out of my way is just too much of a hassle.

If there is ever a throwdown in Milwaukee though...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X