A friend wants to try steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend wants to try steroids

My friend Dan is wanting to try steroids. He came to me wanting to know where he could get some. I was truly shocked to find out he was wanting steroids. I really want to convince to NOT try steroids. It also doesnt help that these fuckers he works out with are telling him its a good idea. Do any of you know of sites that I could show Dan the side effects of steroids? I have told him the stories of guys going nuts on these things and the side effects I am aware of. But its not sinking in. I am thinking about giving his GF a call, maybe she can talk some sense into him.

What side effects are you thinking he'll encounter? Why exactly do you want to turn him away from it? Assuming he's smart and safe about it, he shouldn't really run into anything major aside from some acne and possibly some gyno.

You ever watch "Bigger, Faster, Stronger"?

Comment

It can be done safely... One of the dangers of steroids is the fact that guys have to test shit out on themselves without official medical advice. Steroids are just a precursor to testosterone, and if not abused should be safe. Then again people can abuse OTC supplements too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas View Post
        What side effects are you thinking he'll encounter? Why exactly do you want to turn him away from it?
        chris benoit, bertil fox, john riccardi, gordon kimbrough, sally mcneil

Comment

Yep, I also shared the story of the high school kid who went psycho on his girl friend then later hung himself. I truly dont condone any use of illegal steroids. If he lived closer I would go down and confront the assholes he works out with.

Comment

Greetings.

So hypothetically, if your friend, as an informed adult, used safe doses and closely monitored the effects, to the point of receiving the benefits he is looking for without having any serious side effects, you would not condone his usage?

It sounds to me like you're the one with the problem. Especially that shit about telling his gf. Why not tell his mom while you're at it.

Comment

I have a friend that took steroids. His only side effect was his appetite. You couldn't stop the kid from eating. I would never do steroids because I couldn't afford all the food!!

Comment

Theyre drugs. Its an unnecessary risk. Why not try coke? I am sure coke in small doses cant be all that bad right? Hell why not heroine. I am sure it should all just be fine. These are illegal drugs. They are illegal for a reason. Not only that, but it seems like a bitch way to build muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by nohero View Post
                  chris benoit, bertil fox, john riccardi, gordon kimbrough, sally mcneil
                  Chris Benoit? I honeslty hope you aren't trying to link his muder suicide to steroids.

Also, that was a list of people rather than side effects.

Theyre drugs. Its an unnecessary risk. Why not try coke? I am sure coke in small doses cant be all that bad right? Hell why not heroine. I am sure it should all just be fine. These are illegal drugs. They are illegal for a reason. Not only that, but it seems like a bitch way to build muscle.
                  Well now, "they're illegal for a reason" is the logical fallacy of appeal to authority. Pot is also illegal in the United States, yet there is no evidence of it being any more dangerous than alcohol and tabacco. In fact, the latter have killed way more people than the former, yet they're legal and pot is not.

Coke and heroin have several conclusive studies indicating their danger. Steroids really don't. There is limited long term research available on the subject, and many of the reported side effects are rumor or theory.

Look at all the millions of athletes that have used steroids and still lived long, full, healthy lives with no side effects. Think of every bodybuilder from the Golden Era. If steroids where as harmful as people claim, they should all be dead, yet they continue to live long full lives. Steroids have also been used in the medical community for years to HELP people with illness. Which goes along with the whole "taking them responsibly and with full education"

Do you drink? Are you aware of the side effects of alcohol? Would you tell your friend not to drink because side effects exist, or would you tell him to be responsible with his drinking?

I feel like you owe it to yourself to educate yourself on the issue before you try to enforce your stance on your friend.

Comment

I have used steroids. I had to for a muscle injury a few years ago. I am on the same stance on steroids that I am on Marjuana. For medical reasons both can be quite helpful. But I find it wrong to be used for your own personal gain. I also think smoking is a disgusting habit.

Comment

Steroid use, in and of itself is not entirely illegal. Doctors use it all the time. Depending on what the problem is. It is illegal to use when you don't have a perscription for it. And we are using the term Steroid in a general usage. Like saying Pain killers. Pain killers are illegal without a perscription, they can cause addiction, death, and serious side effects. Would you recomend pain killers?

Steroids are used a lot in other countries where it is not illegal, with doctors monitoring. Which is the right way to do it.

Steroids are no legal in competition but that is another topic.

Comment

cuz coke dont make yer muscles big.

Comment

Diesel go back and read my previous post.

Comment

Winkie shrinkage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dozer View Post
                              I have used steroids. I had to for a muscle injury a few years ago. I am on the same stance on steroids that I am on Marjuana. For medical reasons both can be quite helpful. But I find it wrong to be used for your own personal gain. I also think smoking is a disgusting habit.
                              Disgusting, possibly. Dangerous though? That's the question we're getting at.

Yoj: The penis shrinkage stuff isn't even right. It's testicular atrophy, which goes away after use.

For a site that's based on critical thinking and research, this stuff is annoying.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X