Leucine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leucine

Just read this article over on T Nation: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ential_of_food on Leucine.

Sounds fantastic... I'm a bit wary though as its obviously a Biotest Edge supplement, and they are pushing it.

So, anyone here used leucine, seen any effects? (Yep I take it, as part of a BCAA supplement, but this article seems to indicate the benefit of taking Leucine by itself with food.)
    Last edited by honesty; 1/13/2009 5:55am, .
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

References that I'll try to page through when I have time:

Buse et al., "Leucine. A possible regulator of protein turnover in muscle."

Garlick, "The Role of Leucine in the Regulation of Protein Metabolism"

I haven't been able to find much in the way of induced hypertrophy or strength gains in humans yet, though. Not promising.
    Originally posted by Emevas
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

It may be worth mentioning however that Leucine-based supplements (as in, with the name "leucine" on the bottle) are springing up across pretty much all brands, at least here in Aus. Whether or not this means it's a valid supplement or simply a very shiny bandwagon is yet to be seen, I guess.
      Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
      Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

I use the GNC wheybolic protein and one of their sales pitches is it has tons of Luecine in it ( 7.7.grams) . I do like the protein better than most other proteins I have taken but just based on the price of Luecine by it's self I don't think its worth it. A friend of mine tried it and he didn't notice to much diffrence in the Luecine alone and the protein w/luecine. But then again I think everyone reacts diffrently to diffrent products.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X