Training around a knee injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training around a knee injury

I fucked up my right knee running and I am going into physio for a while. The thing is, I don't want to just stop training and get lazy, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what I can do that doesn't put too much strain on the knees. I'm especially looking for suggestions with regards to cardio since I can't think of anything that doesn't involve putting strain on the knees.

So what I plan to do so far is a weight program targeting the upper body. I've looked at the 5x5 program and I'll probably do something inspired by that but removing squats.

Any suggestions?

I know this is a bit off topic but i screwed up my left knee during a kick and my right 1 the next week after a running test. Have you ever done that before??? Where does it hurt? Did the doctor say you have ligaments moved,i nflamated or is it some tendon. My right knee hurts around the knee cap, mostly on top and it hurts when i press it.

Comment

Originally posted by rw4th
      I fucked up my right knee running and I am going into physio for a while. The thing is, I don't want to just stop training and get lazy, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what I can do that doesn't put too much strain on the knees. I'm especially looking for suggestions with regards to cardio since I can't think of anything that doesn't involve putting strain on the knees.

So what I plan to do so far is a weight program targeting the upper body. I've looked at the 5x5 program and I'll probably do something inspired by that but removing squats.

Any suggestions?
      It depends how bad it is, man. I had a knee injury not long back, could not kick on the left leg for about 3 months. But everything else was okay. This is not a question others can answer for you...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X