Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster: A new movie about steroids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger, Stronger, Faster: A new movie about steroids.

Yeah, I went and posted a video outside of the Video Forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRIC_rmcm0

Official website (with high quality trailer).

Gonna see it? I am.

Looks good. Definately will check it out when I have the chance.

Personally I have no problem with people taking steriods- however I do have a problem when people take steroids and act like they don't. Yeah, Barry Bonds got all those baseball home runs, and you know what? If baseball allowed steroids (and we stopped these stupid congressional hearings) then so what? It's not my body. However don't then turn around and claim these great records, because that's not you but some chemicals that a scientist made.

Hell, diet supplements are also 'chemicals', however your body still needs to process them naturally. And just like extra protien will make you bigger, so will extra lifting. However both of these require building up to them. Steriods is an instant high that makes you superhuman, and while base talent is still needed for major sports MANY athletes wouldn't nearly be as good without the juice. The most telling thing is that as soon as they are off, their 'superpowers' wear away and they are stuck within the regular bounds of the human body again (sometimes worse for wear).

So create special 'steriod league' if need be. Just stop the BS and pretending that you aren't just an artificial monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]s7Kg_w-0y_w

Comment

However don't then turn around and claim these great records, because that's not you but some chemicals that a scientist made.
      Yes, because there is no downside or sacrifice involved in taking steroids. It just gives you an avatar that you control, you don't even need to use your own body to do the shit, it's just that awesome. Douchenozzle.

Comment

I really do want them to make a "steriod" league of the olympics, where ANY enhancement is allowed. Steriods, crack, titanium tendons etc. Just to see how far we can really push the human body. And I reckon there are willing participants.

Comment

We already have that. It's called the Olympics. That such use must be masked is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordi LaForge
            Yes, because there is no downside or sacrifice involved in taking steroids. It just gives you an avatar that you control, you don't even need to use your own body to do the shit, it's just that awesome. Douchenozzle.
            Obviously you missed the part where I said base talent is needed for the pros. And yes you have a risk of destroying yourself, which makes it a douchenozzle thing to do douchenozzle.

We already have that. It's called the Olympics. That such use must be masked is irrelevant.
            It puts an aterisk by every accomplishment by EVERY althete, no matter if they did things legitimately or not. It also means that any aspiring althete must face tremendous pressure to take steriods or face being second rate all the time. Let the people who want to do steriods do steriods and stop forcing everyone else too at the same time just so they can catch up.

...of course people would still try to sneak in steriods to the 'non-steriod' games but meh,I never liked people anyways. Dogs are way better.

Last edited by nightowl; 5/17/2008 10:12am, .

Comment

If athletes want to risk the consequences, let them.

It's a free country. We don't outlaw Creatine, Glutamine, or any other effective supplement. Steroids just happen to be REALLY effective.

What bothers me, though, is the lack of education regarding recovery and detrimental side effects. Everyone knows that steroids will make you bigger, faster, and stronger...but few people know how it screws up your kidneys, throws off your hormone levels, and can even decrease bone density.

That pisses me off.

Hell, I think they should make steroids legal, but ENFORCE "steroid recovery" programs under licensed "Steroid Doctors". Instead of forcing athletes to use steroids in secret and risk permanent damage, let them openly do it...but require them to undergo treatment and work under supervision to ensure that they don't destroy themselves from a lack of education.

Comment

Satori has the correct.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl
                  Looks good. Definately will check it out when I have the chance.

Personally I have no problem with people taking steriods- however I do have a problem when people take steroids and act like they don't. Yeah, Barry Bonds got all those baseball home runs, and you know what? If baseball allowed steroids (and we stopped these stupid congressional hearings) then so what? It's not my body. However don't then turn around and claim these great records, because that's not you but some chemicals that a scientist made.

Hell, diet supplements are also 'chemicals', however your body still needs to process them naturally. And just like extra protien will make you bigger, so will extra lifting. However both of these require building up to them. Steriods is an instant high that makes you superhuman
                  Ummm...what?

Can I buy some of whatever it is you're on?

Comment

SOMEONE PLEEZE THROW ME A FROG TO LICK, I WANNA BE AN INSANT SUPERHUMANG!!!1

Comment

Nightowl, anabolic steroids don't give you 'super powers'. As far as I understand them, they (sometimes drastically) reduce the recovery time between workouts, meaning an increased rapidity of growth and strength development.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                        SOMEONE PLEEZE THROW ME A FROG TO LICK, I WANNA BE AN INSANT SUPERHUMANG!!!1
                        Fool. You either need roids or a radioactive spider for that.

Nightowl, anabolic steroids don't give you 'super powers'. As far as I understand them, they (sometimes drastically) reduce the recovery time between workouts, meaning an increased rapidity of growth and strength development.
                        Superhuman. Yeah, I went there biOtcH. Your average joe taking steriods is going to grow faster wih less effort. Put in someone who puts in a lot of training/supplements AND give them seriods, and you push the boundry of what the human body can do to where it is almost impossible without juicing. This is especially true in major sporting competitions.

They put in the work for sure, but to get those amazing records and speeds, they are temporarily going outside the bounds of their own abilities and turning to roids. Sure it is still them, but if they installed a bionic arm it would still be them technically setting the record. The trend althetes have set for young people wanting to go somewhere is very dissapointing to me. Almost as dissapointing is the 'it cant be helped' attitude given even by those who arent dependent on drugs for success.

Comment

Or a magic ring, a special serum (many kinds of those), or magic, or to kill a dragon, blindness, etc

Superhuman. Yeah, I went there biOtcH. Your average joe taking steriods is going to grow faster wih less effort. Put in someone who puts in a lot of training/supplements AND give them seriods, and you push the boundry of what the human body can do to where it is almost impossible without juicing. This is especially true in major sporting competitions.
                          Impossible without juicing =/= superhuman. Superhuman suggests greater than human, something which humans aren't capable of, and as you can clearly tell, with the growth boosts of steroids, these are all things that can be achieved using nothing more than chemistry and the human body.

They put in the work for sure, but to get those amazing records and speeds, they are temporarily going outside the bounds of their own abilities and turning to roids. Sure it is still them, but if they installed a bionic arm it would still be them technically setting the record. The trend althetes have set for young people wanting to go somewhere is very dissapointing to me. Almost as dissapointing is the 'it cant be helped' attitude given even by those who arent dependent on drugs for success.
                          That or they're vastly decreasing the timeframe necessary to achieve such peaks of strength. But you still need to lift all those weights, more so than a non-juicer. And your bionic arm comparison is an incorrect one- a bionic arm is a machine, a juicer is just a human with tweaked biochemistry. It's not like steroids spots you when you lift or something.

But you're right, there's far too much pressure to achieve through steroids these days in a lot of sports. I doubt competition bodybuilding or weightlifting would exist with the same kind of talent or prowess as it does today without 'roids.

Comment

Why do you use a picture of a guy on synthol when you're talking about steroids? They're not even remotely close.

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas
                              Why do you use a picture of a guy on synthol when you're talking about steroids? They're not even remotely close.
                              I learned something new today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X