Ow, my *insert expletive* teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ow, my *insert expletive* teeth

So my wisdom teeth are out, I'm taking three days out of training and school to heal up. My question is how long until I can spar again? I asked my Doc, but he just sorta avoided the question.

spar NOW! the extra pain will make you into a man!

:phil2:

no clue.

Comment

When I got my wisdom teeth out, I was sore for about a week or so. Everyone recovers differently, but if I had to guess, I'd probably say about 10-14 days.

Comment

are you serious?

I wanna fight dammit.

anyone a doc on the forums by chance?

Edit: pardon any missplellings I'm on painkillers, and very loopy

Comment

I had to have surgery to get mine out at 17. I had lockjaw for about 2 weeks. Not fun.

Comment

I can move my jaw fine, I'm just wondering if it would be a bad idea to spar. It'll have been four days, the bleeding has stopped, and the swelling gone down. My question is will sparring irritate the area, due to my mouth guard or by being hit in the jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tao
              I can move my jaw fine, I'm just wondering if it would be a bad idea to spar. It'll have been four days, the bleeding has stopped, and the swelling gone down. My question is will sparring irritate the area, due to my mouth guard or by being hit in the jaw.
              I'm no doctor, but I'd suggest 2 weeks off from getting hit in the face.
              HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
              https://www.fitocracy.com/group/2988/

Comment

I got all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at MCRD during Boot Camp.

Two shots of novacain. Lots of pain.

My recovery RX?

Three hours of bed rest, immediately followed by Pugil Sticks.

Marine Corps dental rocks.

Comment

So, you had three hours of rest and you were fine?

Comment

I would give it 2 weeks to be safe. If you want to spar so bad just do body shots only for now.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tao
                      So, you had three hours of rest and you were fine?
                      Of course not.

It's the Marine Corps.

They gave me Ibuprofen, water, and about three hours of rest...during which a Drill Instructor slapped me every time I closed my eyes.

My stitches broke so many times that it actually took over six months for my mouth to heal.

Comment

What an ass of a drill instructer.

Comment

ouch, that would suck, I like the idea of only body shots, at least I'll be able to spar then.

Comment

last time i had teeth pulled, i was out of training for two or three weeks without even raising my pulse.

give your gums enough time to heal properly.

Comment

Jesus Fucking Christ riding a camel Tao!!! Taking two weeks off is not going to be the end of the world or bring impending doom on your training man.

Learn to rest, learn to take a break. That is also part of your training. Or go ahead and get hit in the face. Your gums will swell just fine AND THEN you will be out of comission.

These kids...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X