My weights are in my garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My weights are in my garage.

And it's below freezing. Is doing lifting still safe as long as I warm up and stay warm? Because it's hard to warm up in the first place.

What kind of warm-ups can I do in my garage? Usually I'd just ride my bike around for a bit, but it's too dark and cold. I'm afraid of getting raped and then frozen. Or if it's raining, I also don't want to ride my bike just for a warm-up.

Burpies!. skipping?. press ups?. All that jazz.

Comment

For warmup or instead of lifting?

Comment

can't you just do some skipping, starjumps or bodyweight squats to warm up a little? mebbe some shadowboxing?

Comment

Should I do it where it's warm and then jump in to the garage? Or should I warm up in the garage?

That shit would work, but I want to make sure I get warm enough before doing anything. I hate pulling muscles.

Comment

Start them in the garage, at a slow pace and then increase till warm. Just make sure your the muscles your focusing on are nice and warm.

Comment

get a diesel fuel heater(i.e. torpedo-type)

That way you can get the oil for free and your garage will smell like french fries.

definitely get warmed up before you go out there. getting angry also works, you won't even notice it's cold

Comment

give me a fucking break you pussy. i worked out in my garage today and it was below freezing. develop a little mental toughness.l

sweatpants, long sleeve shirt, shoes, bag gloves, mouthpiece.

get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by kismasher
                  give me a fucking break you pussy. i worked out in my garage today and it was below freezing. develop a little mental toughness.l

sweatpants, long sleeve shirt, shoes, bag gloves, mouthpiece.

get to work.
                  How did you lift with bag gloves on?

Comment

id go with a space heater, long sleeved shirt and pants and some skipping, you could pick a heater up anywhere that would keep your garage at a reasonable temperature for under 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop Loops
                      How did you lift with bag gloves on?
                      they're super sweet mma bag gloves. also, i can't really lift right now anyway so it doesn't matter.

although, i did knock out 2 sets of girly pushups!! woohoo!!

Comment

PL - warm up in the garage. Star jumps, skipping (if you don't have a rope pretend you're skipping), jog on the spot, BW squats, split jump lunges, run back and forth the length of your garage, twist jumps etc.

If during your rest phase you feel you're getting cold just repeat some of the low impact warm ups.

Dress warm too and you'll be set. Remove layers if you feel you're overheating.

Comment

one of those small oil space heaters was like 40$ at lowes when I was there. I liked the halogen ones better though they were quicker and easier to move, although slightly more expensive.

Comment

How about some nice complexes with just the bar.

Deadlift bar, hang clean bar, press bar, overhead squat bar, back squat bar.

Comment

Dude, you can do your warm ups inside before stepping outside. The usual stuff: push ups, jumping jacks, jumping squats/lunges, hip twists. No need to make it more complex than what it is.

You are not going to pull a muscle from working out in the cold; a cold is more of a concern, so just wear a beanie, gloves and lots of clothes that let you lift comfortably.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X