what does junk food really do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does junk food really do?

hi lately i am living like a garbage man i eat tons of junk food and soda... will probably stay that way for a while since my guardians wont be home and me alone so eat alot of these stuff to stay alive....

i know these food arent good for you but how bad can they effect you in 2 months?

and would it affect my ability to fight whatsoever(have muay thai fight on dec 15)?

Answer to questions in order:
    Yes
    Yes

Comment

Learn how to cook chicken breasts, rice, and veggies. It's really easy and it doesn't really get old. And you can't go wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by truepwrz
        hi lately i am living like a garbage man i eat tons of junk food and soda... will probably stay that way for a while since my guardians wont be home and me alone so eat alot of these stuff to stay alive....

i know these food arent good for you but how bad can they effect you in 2 months?

and would it affect my ability to fight whatsoever(have muay thai fight on dec 15)?
        What does junk food really do? Make you look more like me.

I've been drinking soda most of my life and in large quantities. It wasn 't until a few months ago that I decided to stop drinking soda and I haven't gone back since. However, soda can mess you up and since you're going to fight in a competition, you can't have anything slowing you down.

Junk food is worse and I'm the prime example of just how bad it messes you up. If you're doing nothing but eating junk food, then you're going to be way below fighting shape the day of your match. You can exercise as much as you want, but junk food will screw you up even in small quantities.

Comment

Watch the movie super size me.

Comment

Go crazy for two months, and it may take you six months or more to fix it.

Comment

It's called "junk food" the clue's in the name. There have been plenty of studies which show eating nothing but junk food is really bad for you. Go to google and search on the words "junk", "food" and "health", you'll find lots of articles to explain in great detail all of the problems eating junk food will cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanhalen21
                Learn how to cook chicken breasts, rice, and veggies. It's really easy and it doesn't really get old. And you can't go wrong with it.
                thanks for the advice i guess i am going to the supermarket today for some food

Comment

Apprently some kids/teens in North America have the bone density of elderly people due to excessive soda drinking. They're not drinking milk which would normally be their main source of calcium and the ?? (something in many soda drinks) leeches the calcium from the body.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa
                    Apprently some kids/teens in North America have the bone density of elderly people due to excessive soda drinking. They're not drinking milk which would normally be their main source of calcium and the ?? (something in many soda drinks) leeches the calcium from the body.
                    Don't tell me shit like that! I could'nt survive without my diet Pepsi.

Comment

Of course I am thirty six does that mean I am excluded?

Comment

Ok granted this is from Wiki ("Soft Drinks") so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. The real culprit may not be the soft drink per se but rather the lack of calcium in the diet. For many North Americans our largest source of calcium, certainly as childen is milk. The real problem is probably children/teenagers drinking sodas with their meals and not milk.

There has been a hypothesis that the phosphoric acid contained in some soft drinks (colas) displaces calcium from the bones, lowering bone density of the skeleton and leading to conditions such as osteoporosis and very weak bones. However, calcium metabolism studies by leading calcium and bone expert Dr. Robert Heaney determined that the net effect of carbonated soft drinks, (including colas, which use phosphoric acid as the acidulant) on calcium retention was negligible. He concluded that it is likely that colas prominence in observational studies is due to their prominence in the marketplace, and that the real issue is that people who drink a lot of soft drinks also tend to have an overall diet that is low in calcium. (Source: Heaney RP, Rafferty K. Carbonated beverages and urinary calcium excretion. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2001,74:;343-347.)

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa
                          well i take calcium pills for calcium and i drink mostly sprite or ginger ale hope it doesnt hurt me too much...

Comment

well, id cut sugar intake. high sugar stuff is empty calories anyway.

learn to cook. this is a life skill. In the old days when we were cavemen, fighting and cooking went hand in hard---think about it :)

someone mentioned chicken breasts. you can also make marinades,soups and sladas with little cooking skill. there are plenty of recipes online or invest in Betty Crocker. as long as you can measure and read they shouldnt b too hard.
                            also we have some tutorials on sociocide for basic cooking (with pics) here:
                            http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48672
                            http://www.sociocide.com/forums/show....php?p=1266647
                            http://www.sociocide.com/forums/show....php?p=1267884
                            http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40349
                            olorin has a bunch of threads making bread too. do a search

Comment

If your thinking about learning to cook its hard to find better information than

http://youtube.com/user/LikeTheHat

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X