Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there specials names for these types of fat people?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there specials names for these types of fat people?.

I was wondering are/is there are special name for this type of fat person. People that are pretty husky but they appear to be in shape.

For example in BJJ classes they roll just like everybody else and they don't get more tired or out of breath than anyone else in the room.

I had a big ass friend in middle school who could run a mile in 7 minutes.
    I saw a video somewhere on the net of a fat guy playing DDR as fast as a 120 pound teenager.

Has anyone else seen this phemenon?

Husky?

Fat is a substance. If someone has a lot of it, they can be considered fat. That doesn't mean that they are "out of shape", in the athletic sense. They are in the aesthetic sense, but their cardio and strength are normal/good/excellent/whatever.

We have a guy who is like that. Looks big, not ripped or anything. But strong as hell, FAST as hell, and likes to do crazy acrobatic shit like jumping over people and stuff like that. Weird.

These people are never obese, by the way. They just have an extra layer of fat. For some people that can be really hard to get rid of, especially if they are also lifting and trying to get stronger (hence eating a lot).

Comment

You're right husky is more of the word I was trying to use.

Comment

Personally, I just call myself fat. But I've been called husky, stocky, big boned etc. If I could lose this last 20 pounds, and this crazy peanut butter addiction, I'd call myself ripped.

Comment

Some people are built that way. There is this man at the gym I go to who is fucking huge. Large belly. But on closer inspection, the man is solid. Large traps, fucking huge forearms and runs on the threadmill no prob... after doing squats and bench presses with obscene loads.

It just to show that body image or visible amounts of bodyfat are not necessarily indicators of good health. These people find almost impossible to reduce their waist size, and yet are vigorous and healthy. I've never seen a woman like that. All the large husky types have been men, built like for surviving in the siberian tundra 20,000 years ago or something.

Comment

Yeah, I would consider myself a husky Neanderthal.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkpaladin
              On the opposite side of the spectrum, I'm built like the mammalian rodent in Ice Age.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkpaladin

Originally posted by GranoBlastic
                On the opposite side of the spectrum, I'm built like the mammalian rodent in Ice Age

*** EDIT *** I'm a mammalian rodent as well :tongue3:

*** EDIT *** Waitta minute. All rodents are mammalian :eusa_doh:
                Last edited by Teh El Macho; 7/07/2006 3:06pm, .

Comment

fatty mc fatfat

tubby

lardass

I'm feeling like fatty mcfatfat these days. 2 months in a cast, and now a walking boot for maybe 2 more, and I was "husky" to start out....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones
                    I was wondering are/is there are special name for this type of fat person. People that are pretty husky but they appear to be in shape.

For example in BJJ classes they roll just like everybody else and they don't get more tired or out of breath than anyone else in the room.
                    I think the prototypical example of this phenomenon is Fedor Emelianenko. He doesn't have the bodybuilder-type build of many other MMA fighters, but I don't think anyone who has seen him fight would question his strength or endurance.

As for me, I'm definitely the husky neanderthal type.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones

I had a big ass friend in middle school who could run a mile in 7 minutes.
                      I saw a video somewhere on the net of a fat guy playing DDR as fast as a 120 pound teenager.

Has anyone else seen this phemenon?
                      I knew a kid that was quaterback of my old highschool, he looked like a butter ball, and jiggled like a fat bowl of jellow. But the kid was really strong and could run like a damn ox.

Edit: Oxen's don't run so well.
                      Ignore that similie.

Comment

One of the coaches on my football team is an Ex-Washington Redskin (and some other teams) Linemen. at first glance he apprers ta be big and fat, but upon futher inspection u can tell the man is built like a brick wall. I think he ran a 4.7 40-yard dash, not to sure but i know it was in the 4 sec range.

Comment

What about people like Cabbage or Mark Hunt? Are they in shape? Or do they just have the illusion of having pretty good gas?
                          52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

"Round" is a shape - Anthony.

====

The major argument of the fat acceptance movement is that you can be both "fat" and "fit." It depends on the criteria used for defining both terms. People like Cabbage, Mark Hunt, and Fedor all have deceptively bulky builds that make them appear to look like fatasses. But they're all capable of an elite level of fitness in many terms - muscular strength, cardio endurance, etc.

Comment

There is a special name for 300lb plus people who can press their own bodyweight ,run <7 minute miles and spar with the agility of a much lighter person.

Sir.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X