Working Out Without Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Out Without Machines

I'm a junior in high school and since I'm taking a break from Tae Kwon Do and Track because of the ACT's, I find it hard to get to a gym. As a matter of fact, I can't get to a gym at all. I don't have access to a car - long story, and the only access I have to machines are in my APF gym class, in which all you do is workout. The class is over though.

Well the semester is long over and I have absolutely no machines. My primary objective is to gain muscle weight. I'm 5'8 and weigh around 135 pounds, although I'm very muscular, not bulky of course. I wasn't even 100 pounds two years ago until I started doing 50 pushups+ (one set) every night and started TKD, which later got me up over a third of my bodyweight. My upper body muscles such as pecs, triceps, and bicep muscles are huge relatively to my weight but my back muscles are what I need to strengthen, especially the shoulders and lats. My back muscles are where I'm missing the most, the lat dorsi and all.

My dilemma is that I have no machines to work with. So my question to you guys is: what exercises can I do to improve my muscular strength in those areas? Push ups work great but it doesn't emphasize my upper and lower back that much. Are there exercises I can do without dependence on machines and I can do whenever I want, wherever I want?
    Last edited by Vik; 4/11/2006 6:15pm, .

Check out http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym.html

It seems www.warriorforce.com is down, but they seem to have good routines.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 4/11/2006 6:34pm, .

Comment

Simple.

Get a chin up bar installed in your garage and do chinips. Front grip and reverse grip. Chin ups improve your grip strength and help give you a wide upper back too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vik
        I'm a junior in high school and since I'm taking a break from Tae Kwon Do and Track because of the ACT's, I find it hard to get to a gym. As a matter of fact, I can't get to a gym at all. I don't have access to a car - long story, and the only access I have to machines are in my APF gym class, in which all you do is workout. The class is over though.

Well the semester is long over and I have absolutely no machines. My primary objective is to gain muscle weight. I'm 5'8 and weigh around 135 pounds, although I'm very muscular, not bulky of course. I wasn't even 100 pounds two years ago until I started doing 50 pushups+ (one set) every night and started TKD, which later got me up over a third of my bodyweight. My upper body muscles such as pecs, triceps, and bicep muscles are huge relatively to my weight but my back muscles are what I need to strengthen, especially the shoulders and lats. My back muscles are where I'm missing the most, the lat dorsi and all.

My dilemma is that I have no machines to work with. So my question to you guys is: what exercises can I do to improve my muscular strength in those areas? Push ups work great but it doesn't emphasize my upper and lower back that much. Are there exercises I can do without dependence on machines and I can do whenever I want, wherever I want?
        135, 5'8 and very muscular? I dont think so. I have a similar body type, and I am definitely not super buff

Back muscles, http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html
        every exercise known to man.

Oh and grappling is very good for the back. I think.

P.S. If you were around the same height two years ago and less than 100 pounds, jesus christ. I thought I was skinny.
        Last edited by FriedxRice; 4/11/2006 6:38pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Vik
          I'm 5'8 and weigh around 135 pounds, although I'm very muscular
          no you arent. you are just exceedingly thin so the puny muscles you DO have stick out. its called definition. you are still a skinny streak of piss.

Comment

When Chuck Norris works out, the machine gets stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
              no you arent. you are just exceedingly thin so the puny muscles you DO have stick out. its called definition. you are still a skinny streak of piss.
              Uh huh, okay, your point? I posted for an answer, not some bullshit response. Can't even ask a simple question nowadays.

Thanks for the links Rice and ojgsxr6
              I was actually a couple inches shorter two years ago but my diet was terrible. It's not that I didn't eat good stuff but that I didn't eat anything. I have a small frame but although my weight is really low, I'm not as skinny as you would think. I've been very malnourished when I was young, even went to the hospital a few times because I refused to eat. I have a lot of muscle mass, just hardly any fat. I guess you can say I just have definition, but I'm one of those typical skinny guys. I just have a naturally light build.

Everybody here takes it personally when you imply you're big.

Again, thanks for the info
              Last edited by Vik; 4/11/2006 7:41pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Vik
                Uh huh, okay, your point? I posted for an answer, not some bullshit response
                You already have your answer, so now it's time to make fun of you.

I'm four inches short on you and have plus thirty pounds.

Comment

That, "I'm muscular, I just have a slight build" thing is bullshit. Lean mass weighs a fuckton whether you're fifteen or fifty inches wide. 135 is puny, unless your name is Gary Coleman.

Comment

Originally posted by poidog
                    When Chuck Norris works out, the machine gets stronger.
                    Suiseiseki doesn't need to work out. She can spontaneously grow muscles at will.

Comment

She's Japanese, therefore inferior to all Westerners.

Comment

Suiseiseki was not born. Suiseiseki caused her own existence.

Comment

She's still Japanese because she appears in a fucking anime with a Japanese name.

If you're going to have hero worship, do it towards someone who actually did some good for the world, like Rodney Dangerfield. Existing is also a bonus.

Comment

Once a man lifted Suiseiseki's green dress. He saw her calves and immediately was thrown into a coma from the resulting orgasm. Suiseiseki turned around and saw him, which brought him out of the coma for a full nanosecond before she bitchslapped him into another dimension.

The dimension is as yet unnamed but some refer to it as the Sui Dream.

Originally posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
                            like Rodney Dangerfield
                            Suiseiseki caused Rodney Dangerfield to laugh himself to death by telling him a fatally humorous joke.

Comment

Please ask the staff to ban you again.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X