Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Your favorite execise / training equipment of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite execise / training equipment of the week

Instead of wadding through everyone's training log, let's post our favorite new exercise or pieces of equipment in this thread so that we can feel important. Try to just post one new item a week so that it doesn't get bogged down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last night I did legs. I started using the Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Leg Press again and I love it. I used it in the past but I always felt like I lost connection to my legs as I went heavy...but now that doesn't happen.

I usually use regular leg press machines but since my fiance is lifting with me more, the iso-lateral LP is a better choice. We no longer spend 20 minutes loading and unloading the thing between sets since I can't do 1200 lbs on the iso. Plus her little legs are getting stronger so she can actually end with 270.

Here:

Last night I finished with 630 lbs. I had more left but I'm trying to nurse my right hamstring back so I can't go 100% yet. But next week I'm going for 720.

Edit: forgot to mention I do one leg at a time right now. Sometimes I like to switch to iso movements for a few months because I feel like I give each limb a little more attention.

Not really new, but still a great exercise nonetheless:

Zercher squats. A fun way of mixing stuff up in your leg routine, hits the arms and core pretty well too.
    SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

My favorite.

And yes, I am so weak that I use it empty.

Comment

My newest toy is a weight tied to a rope and wrapped around a piece of PVC pipe.

Behold the wrist roller!
        You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop Loops

My favorite.

And yes, I am so weak that I use it empty.

Welcome back.

It's okay to use the barbell empty...if you are doing 1 arm bicep curls.

Comment

Originally posted by Koto_Ryu
            Not really new, but still a great exercise nonetheless:

Zercher squats. A fun way of mixing stuff up in your leg routine, hits the arms and core pretty well too.

I might have to try those. Looks like a mixture between old school powerlifting and hard qigong.

Comment

They're fun, though they might be rough on your arms at first.
              SON OF ODIN

Comment

How do pulleys?

Last night I decided to finish my chest workout with 1 arm pec flyes on the following machine:

I can stack the machine when I do the exercise with two arms, so I started with 200 lbs. It was easy so I was a little confused. I tried it with both arms and it felt almost like the same resistance.

How do tell if the pulley arrangment makes the machine have the same resistance if done with one or both arms at the same time? ME confused.

Comment

I feel my forearms could use some improvement after I fucked my right wrist (pops like crazy during rotation of forearm, that finally stopped though) when I spun out driving my friend's m3 and braced myself on the gearshift for a split second.

Comment

My favorite piece of equipment for over a month now is something I picked up at http://www.grapplearts.com

foam around barbell/dumbell handles

The article from which I pick that up is here. I've been able to do standing dumbell curls with 10lbs more than before since I started using the foams around the handles. That shit works!!!!
                    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

My favorite exercise of this week:

Mount a super-heavyweight BJJ brown belt, get your wrestling shoe caught under his side and as he pushes you up to escape and you fall back, torque your knee until you hyperextend your Medial Collateral Ligament until you can hear a popping sound and you are screaming in pain.

This concludes my favorite exercise of this week.

(Note: sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by PirateJon
                        My newest toy is a weight tied to a rope and wrapped around a piece of PVC pipe.

Behold the wrist roller!

Try 10lbs, arms slightly above horizontal. Up and down three times(all the way, don't let it slip). Then take 50 shots each side on a heavy bag with a single stick (upwards figure-8 pattern) repeat.
                        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
                        ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
                        ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Comment

Originally posted by elnyka
                          My favorite piece of equipment for over a month now is something I picked up at http://www.grapplearts.com

foam around barbell/dumbell handles

The article from which I pick that up is here. I've been able to do standing dumbell curls with 10lbs more than before since I started using the foams around the handles. That shit works!!!!
                          I did the same with pool noodles and duct tape, didn't have to buy anything that way :5propelle
                          SON OF ODIN

Comment

30" lengths of 1/2" schedule 40 steel pipe. Great for an increased intensity Kali workout - builds your swing, shoulders, and grip at the same time.
                            Originally posted by Canuckyokushin
                            I would so do Buttsecks.

Comment

I always favored pull ups over training equipments. Actually, I don't use training equipments at all...I usually stick with the traditional conditioning exercises (horse stance, various push ups, various types of abdominals, etc) along with pull ups and chi kung.

Yeah, you heard me, I do chi kung. Eat shit.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X