"They have to train 6 hours a day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They have to train 6 hours a day"

I was just talking to my friend who was on the Canadian Olympic Baseball team and he was talking about the swim team.

He said to me at one point: "They have to train 6 hours a day."

And my eyes glazed over and I started to drool about the idea of being ABLE to train that much. What I wouldn't GIVE to be able to train 4 hours a day. 6 or 8 would be better.

*sigh*
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

I grew up around, and swam along way behind, several former nationa/olympic swimmers. You know how you get to train 6 hours a day? You are unemployed, survive in a basement apartment on stingy Sport Canada hand outs, and have no meaningful life outside of the pool. You then, often as not, fail to realise your Olympic dream, and spend the next 10 years wondering why you spent most of your life between the ages of 5 and 25 with your head underwater.

Comment

I would do it, if it meant getting to train my MA's 6 hours a day. I would HAPPILY live like that.
      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

So go on UI, and learn to love Kraft dinner.

Comment

It's funny how your priorities change as your get older I guess?
          I enjoy keeping busy, but to be frank, Im just too weak to actually work for 6 hours straight...except that one time I did weapons training... that was around 6 hours...but that didnt count...for uhhh some reason... ahh hell I got nothing.

I simply wish there was a better school nearby that I could practise at.
          6 hours a day? shit, I dont even think I could play a video game for that long.

Comment

Ideally get up train 6-8, then 12-2, then 6-8 but i'd probably drop in for a beer at the pub in one of my breaks and never make it back to training.
            I'm a realist.
            "Pussyhole"

Comment

Originally posted by Darting Fingers
              Ideally get up train 6-8, then 12-2, then 6-8 but i'd probably drop in for a beer at the pub in one of my breaks and never make it back to training.
              I'm a realist.
              I thought that was the typical Aussie training regime, DF?? I pass no less than 5 pubs each way to both places that I train, will have to do an MA pub crawl.

Actually, a Bullshido pub crawl would get pretty interesting...

Comment

6 hours a day and how many medals ??

Comment

Training that much IS a luxury for me. I would work nights and live in a one-room hovel and eat vegetable soup 24/7 if I could, but I have a dependant to support. (My dog).
                  Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Make your dog get a job.

Comment

6 hours a day and NO medals...
                      More training ???
                      Less Tarining ??
                      Probably BETTER training ??

Comment

Originally posted by Solid
                        Make your dog get a job.
                        I've thought about hiring him out as a "hit dog" on occasion. Mutherfuka is dangerous, and I'm like the only one who can half control him.

Ronin69, sorry, he wasn't talking to a girl on the CANADIAN swim team, but the US one.
                        Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Ah.... that makes sense, I don't know many amateure athelets that can "afford" to train that much in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeVaEeTa
                            I thought that was the typical Aussie training regime, DF?? I pass no less than 5 pubs each way to both places that I train, will have to do an MA pub crawl.

Actually, a Bullshido pub crawl would get pretty interesting...
                            Of course no less than six schooners before each sparring session, not 6 of those funny Melbourne pots though, get a real sized beer into ya.
                            "Pussyhole"

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
                              I've thought about hiring him out as a "hit dog" on occasion. Mutherfuka is dangerous, and I'm like the only one who can half control him.
                              Come on now. Your dog's name isn't really Mutherfuka is it?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X