Is this a McDojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sound of a book slamming shut*
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Excellent post osiris.

Comment

incase ppl have forgot we actually had a thread on the martial arts hall of fame (whos inductees include elvis lol) i emailed the head dude there (remember... ah forget it your all stoners) anyways his response was nothing special, apparently getting in is not a financial matter, but i would still say their credability is questionable as best.
        CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Originally posted by The Wastrel
          Here, I rotated it 180 degrees.

"People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
          - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Comment

Just to continue nit-picking, if that were the case, Liu, wouldn't the third and sixth characters be the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
              Just to continue nit-picking, if that were the case, Liu, wouldn't the third and sixth characters be the same?
              Good question,firstly in chinese u have the same pronounciation for many different words,so ur theory is not really right~~~

But in this case,u r right to say that the third and sixth characters r the same(fa,in the sense of law,method etc.).i can make out the first 3 and the 5th word.From the 2nd one i suppose it is in traditional chinese character(Singapore used simplified chinese character which has less stroke for many of the words) i dont think the person who wrote this is really one who had written chinese words much,judging from the way it is written(i had seen chinese calligraphy,so tell me that).the last char. though i doesnt look like the the 3rd,but still to me it looks like "fa",and also from my induction from the first 3rd chars. it is the famous saying by bruce lee~~~

Regarding whose very ancient chinese chars,chinese characters changed from time to time,and one of the oldest known was the ones written in the tortoise shells during the Shang dynasty,known as "jia gu wen".For a very long time the chinese thought they were bones of dragon and they used it for medicine,until a scholar in late qing dynasty found out its meanings~~~!!!
              Last edited by liuzg150181; 11/19/2003 10:14pm, .
              "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "

Comment

Yes but perhaps it being turned upside down means That Bruce Lee had it all backwards! And you should follow the "rules" aka Kata and stop sparring!!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShark
                  Yes but perhaps it being turned upside down means That Bruce Lee had it all backwards! And you should follow the "rules" aka Kata and stop sparring!!
                  Lol:D

Comment

"The Art of Ba Ki Do is an eclectic art combining traditional Martial Arts with the real world experience of training methods developed by Educators, Criminal Justice experts, Police Forces as well as Women's Self Defense and Child Development Programs."

If they don't make any claims of teaching self defense, why does the first sentence on their website include things like "real world", "Police Forces", and "Women's Self Defense"? Something doesn't add up there.

Comment

well if it isnlt full cobtact it wont teach you how to fight better. Man I could write that a 100 times and still not get bored.
                      "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Hello, I believe you all know me seeing as how you have reffered to me in this forum as being a victim of this "McDojo". Of course like any student, I am unhappy with the comments that have been made about my karate school. Seeing as how there are so many questions about my Art, if you would email me I would be more than happy to give you the information you seek: [email protected]. Thank you.

Tyler

Comment

We do not spar.

Comment

No we do not do that either. I do not believe in the concept that you must actually perform a technique full force to understand how it works. We practice to submission and then let off.

Comment

We only have 6 forms or Katas, 11 weapons, 98% of which comes straight from Kung Jung Moo Sul. However we have over 400 techniques

Comment

To a point yes, but we're not gonna hurt our partners. Who would we practice on then if we did?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X