No announcement yet.

Is this a McDojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DO AGREE! Personally I would never do that! I did laugh myself. Hell, I dont even wear 10 stripes on my belt. But we have NO IDEA what this school is like until someone comes up here and tell us.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

"1bad65,
        Keep in mind Jamoke is an admited self promoted 10th dan."

Keep in mind 1bad65,

I admit this fact when thousands of others dont. If you like what I have to offer, you can come on board, if you don't, then you can go to anyone of the 17,000 karate schools in this country. My feelings would not be hurt.

My point is, ask the guy why he puts those pictures on the site. If you were to ask me if it is corney, without a doubt. But that does not make the guy a FRAUD or anything else.

What is the US Martial Arts Hall Of Fame?

Comment

Boy Jamoke you'd better be glad I am out of farm animals......

Comment

Can I use the Viper?

Comment

Justme, do you EVER have anything intelligent to say? Your stupid one liners are dumb, but I'm sure you laugh your ass off reading them.

Comment

http://www.usmartialartshalloffame.c...nduct2003.html
                Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

"do you EVER have anything intelligent to say?"

Not usually.. Is there a problem?

Comment

I do not understand it, what does it mean..If you pay, they will call you a grandmaster?

Thanks Matz.

Comment

http://www.usmartialartshalloffame.c.../benefits.html

Here's the actually org to join...but yeah, most likely you join the IMAC and the hall of fame will probably hand you some sort of award.
                      Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

I'm not saying this is the case, but does this make 10th degree's sleep better at night because it was awarded to them, instead of believing in themselves and having the confidence doing it themselves after years of training?

Comment

Jamoke is right in that he admits it.
                          But as I recall, Jamoke does not have a shady looking resume on His site.

Comment

NO RESUME, I was with VILLARI for 17 years! I have studied with different people ever since. I study with someone now. Just because you call yourself a 10th degree of your own system does not mean learning is over. Everyday is a new beginning in the martial arts. There is so much to learn and improve. You must always learn and become better. And thats what I do every day.

Comment

Its true that a site visit is to be recomended but I would quibble with the statement that one has NO idea about what a place is like based on a website since how people promote their operation gives important clues concerning their values and what they feel is important. One does not have to claim that they can answer the McDojo question to comment about school presentation.

But that brings us to another important question which I will submit to Jamoke. Assuming one is not one of those very rare martial artists like Joe Lewis in terms of extraordinary ability, and not literally training 8 hours a day for years on end, how long should it take for someone to go from 1st dan to 5th dan? (and we're not talking about the issue of someone founding their own system) I know the karate connection which is another Kempo school run by Chuck Sullivan has a requirement of 3 years between dan promotions which sounds like a good minimum. The point being that a large school could have an exceptional student who is not bound by normal time lines but multiple high ranking belts in a short time is indicative of grade inflation. I would be interested in any rules of thumb you may have Jamoke.

Comment

When the person is ready. What ready means to me, and what ready means to another person could and most likely will be different.

1st to 5th degree, I would not myself promote someone to 5th degree black belt under the age of 20 regardless of physical or mental capabilities. And I would not promote somebody to that level until they had a minimum of ten years training with me.

they would never get that level unless I thought their ability level was outstanding. I have been teaching full time for 13 years. I have promoted 2 people to 5th degree.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X